2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews 10

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Not happy with this Jeep
By mdjeepowner on 09/08/13 15:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought the Jeep GC Overland because I like the styling and read a great review by Warren Brown in the Wash Post. After owning the car for 2 months, I wish I hadn't purchased it. I've had the car in for service twice already, both times due to faulty computer issues (radio presets gone, clock not working, NAV system freezing), and transmission issues. The first time, I was told that they did software updates which should fix the problem, and the 2nd time, I was told that there is nothing wrong with the car (even though they recognize/identify the issue). Apparently, Jeep doesn't have a fix for the issue, so the issue doesn't exist.

Transmission Failure
By razorbck64 on 09/08/13 12:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Jeep has less then 1500 miles on it.. It had a complete transmission failure which left me stranded in the middle of the road.. Could not shift into neutral it would immediately go back into park. I was stranded in the middle of the road with traffic speeding by my Jeep. It was one of the most terrifying experiences I have ever had..I could not push the car to the side of the road it was stuck right where it broke. Finally Managed to get out of my car after several people blocked traffic and routed it around the stranded jeep. I opened the hood all the transmission fluid coolant or transmission fluid I do not know which was on the ground. Chrysler needs to fix this is completely un

Should be a negitive number on the reliablitly
By 1madjeepowner on 09/04/13 17:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my second 2014 Grand Cherokee. Why? Because at 500 miles, the first one had a total and complete transition failure. Like could not turn the car off, take it out of gear, nothing. Should have walked away then but we had a bad experience with a Suburban once, had it taken back under lemon law, and our next 'burb was great. So my new car, a 2014 JGC Summit has had the following: Nav System failures - shows me in a completely different city than I am in, constant radio issues (we are now on radio number 3), phone connect issues, remote start doesn't turn on A/C, and now there are days when the car simply will not start. At all. Chrysler is crap. Beautiful car that will not run.

New to jeep, hope to keep...but electrical problems bringing doubt
By blt71 on 09/03/13 13:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was excited to buy my first jeep limited v8. However, My car has 2945 miles and this is the second time that all of the lights on the dash have come on and the speedometer does not work. It happened at 50 miles and they said moisture got in spark plug. The dealer did not offer a loaner right away and I had company coming. They ended up giving me a mini van. But today I am still waiting for them to fix my car. I hope this is not going happen again in several miles or I made a big mistake with this car purchase.

TIPM
By dapjeepgrand11 on 08/29/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This little problem could make your whole Jeep Grand Cherokee experience go very wrong. I have always loved the look for the JGC, but Chrysler's Customer Service stinks!!!!! This TIPM problem has made owning my JGC a joke!

Looks Nice, but Poor Quality
By izzy1483 on 08/11/13 08:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Jeep seemed great at first, but now at 800 miles the UConnect System is horrible. The screen often turns black or freezes. The GPS sometimes shows the Jeep several hundred miles from the actual location. The clock doesn't keep the correct time so we have to update the clock at least once a week. We have also started getting a red screen saying the phone needs service that flashes on the screen, but then disappears. If we knew what we know now, we would have never bought the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. We spent a lot of money on something that is now just a pain and already headed back to the dealership for service.

Great car, poor quality
By dajeep on 08/06/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Have had the car since April. Have had it back to the dealer 2x for issues with the 8.4 Uconnect system which only worked on occasion. After waiting 3 weeks for a new unit, I have had no problems. Overall the car is great, seats are not very comfortable though. As long as additional problems do not occur - I will be happy.

Why the Problems Chrysler???
By jvesci on 07/30/13 17:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just hit the 30 day mark of ownership of my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. 5.7 v8 and here's what happened today: Engine Light, ABS Light, Brake Light, Airbag Light, Traction Control Light all suddenly came on! In addition, backup camera not functioning properly, can't open lift gate, and UConnect keeps cutting out completely! Took it to a Jeep Dealership (not where I purchased from, but it shouldn't matter, right!?) and their service shop was closed but they told me I could "rent" a vehicle...ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!! I am taking it to the service shop at 7:30 am tomorrow and by hell or high water will be getting a loaner, at no cost, and will be having it out with the service team.

Nice to look at, Horrific to drive
By bobsacamano on 07/30/13 07:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The car drove like a dream for the first 500 miles. I'm at 8,200 and every mile in between has been a nightmare. The transmission slams up and down, causing a terribly uncomfortable ride-and remember it has 8 gears so it is constantly changing gears. In the morning, the transmission has become so rough I feel as though I am being rear ended. I have had it at two different dealerships to solve the issues and both have told me it is normal-and if it something were actually wrong a fault light would illuminate. I was issued a case manager with jeep corporate. She refused to return calls-I went three days calling her three times before she picked up.

Problems already
By davidirn on 07/28/13 15:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have about 3500 miles on my new Grand Cheorkee limited. My first problem started almost immediately, the touch screen on the dash went out. I had no air conditioning no radio no navigation system nothing at all. When I took it in to the service department it suddenly started to function and they said unless it fails when they can see it they can not fix it., one day I was able to get it into the dealer when it had failed and they did fix it but it took three weeks to get the part in. My next problem is the transmission it shifts very bad between 1st and 2nd and from 2nd back into 1st. The dealer calls it a Jeep characteristic. You feel a clunk when it shifts and you hear the clunk.