2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Total Lack of Support
By floridateacher

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought a JGC Ltd. in January and loved almost everything about it. But in May I had an accident that caused all of the front air bags to deploy. The vehicle was repaired in about 3 weeks but I am now in my 7th week waiting for the knee air bag to arrive and be installed. The collision center has done everything it can and I called Chrysler Support. What a joke, they are telling me it will be another 8 weeks before the part will be available. They have offered NOTHING in the way of support like a free rental car even though I have maxed out my rental insurance. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler product. How can they sell cars they don't have parts for? Does the customer mean nothing?

Suggested Improvements

Support the product you sell in a timely manner! People need their transportation!

First SUV after sport lux cars
By bakoff

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 with a May 2014 build date, and it is really great so far. I am confident that many of the issues reported in the early builds were software related and have been cleared up. My observed mpg is 17, so that is a little disappointing. I will admit that I have kind of a heavy foot. Coming from a string of luxury sport sedans, the lower mpg is offset in part by getting to use regular gas rather than premium (which costs about 12% less at current prices in my area), and dyno oil rather than synthetic.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, interior quality, 8.4" nav system, blacked out look with the Altitude edition.

Suggested Improvements

It really meets all of my expectations for the money I paid. I wish I was a bit closer to the 19-20 combined MPG.

accident waiting to happen
By nonap

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Gas pedal delayed response almost causing accident. I accelerated at stop sign man decided to cross street I saw him. put my foot on break. had to apply break hard because accelerator finally responded. I looked down at the gas pedal to see if my foot was on both pedals but I was only on the break. This is not a wish list but is a serious defect & needs to be recalled & fixed. it could have caused that man his life, & I would have to live with the guilt. Took delivery April 2014. car is 2014 model. I have complained about lag time & they say its now computerized instead of direct linkage. & my security breach by Bluetooth on 24/7 even without keys in car

Favorite Features

lane change monitor rear camera front accident monitor

Suggested Improvements

fix lag in computer system if keys are not in vehicle shut down blue tooth remotes paddle shifters too accessible to accidently change gears 360 degree sensors

So disappointed
By lljpence

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had a Jeep Grand Cherokee in the past. It was like a little tank. Great ride, sense of safety, held the road. I loved it. Not so much with the 2014 model. It has been in the shop 6 times since I bought it in November 2013. Once for acceleration problems and 5 for radio/navigation inaccuracies.

Favorite Features

Great ride. Love the tech package options, such as blind spot and backup camera.

8 speed trans
By loc1183

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Well I never thought I would have to write a review. After working for Chrysler for 42 years and driven nothing but Chrysler producst I'm about to change. I purchased a 2014 Jeep Overland and have had to return it to the shop several times for transmission problems. Trans is a 8 speed and it really sucks. Jerks forward to approx. 2800 -3000 rpm. when starting out. When merging into traffic no response when accelerator is pressed then jumps into passing gear. Thought I was back in the sixties again. Dealership tells me that it is the characteristic of that vehicle. Well when you buy a $50000.00 vehicle you kind of expect everything to be right. Ok I think I'll try a Ford.