Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Great car but trans lever is horrible!
By Phil

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just got the car this week. Our old 99 grand Cherokee was on life support. The 99 had served its purpose, hauling, towing, winter driving, but had been troublesome from day one. Reads lots of reviews and it appears things have improved. Got a 2014 with 28k miles, v6, 4wd. Drives nice, quiet, plenty of power and tows our boat very well. Loads of nice features. The car has a heavy, solid feel. But the damn shift lever! What is that about? It's a ridiculous design and it takes total concentration to get the thing in D or R. Maybe we'll get used to it in time.

Great car!
By E Goggin

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had two Ford Explorers, an Escape, a Lexus 450h, a Lincoln MKX and others, but this Jeep bests them all. EWG

Don't buy a Diesel
By Jodi

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We own at 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel. I love the car it drives great when it drives. That's the key point here. It's been serviced 14 times yes 14 and today as I write this it's in again and now for 2 weeks the list is growing and now they found metal in the oil pan. We don't know what we can do. We bought it in MO and now live in CO. I truly love the car and the way it drives and the Diesel has been great on gas mileage we own a Dodge 2500 Diesel. But I can't handle all the endless trips to the dealership. It has stranded me 2x and almost caused a serious accident when the engine stopped going at 60mph. We filled a lemon claim but all we got was a letter back saying thank you for submitting. I sure hope no one else has to go through this nightmare.

I would not give this car to my worst enemy!
By Mike Duross

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Do not buy!!! Multiple recalls. Poor quality.

Buyer Beware
By Ryan

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Chrysler should be ashamed of fielding such poor quality. I purchased my GC less than two years ago, and have already had it in the shop multiple times, where the service experience was abysmal. It took over a month for the dealer to get a replacement shock into the shop after the OEM version started leaking at 25K. After that shock was finally replaced, the replacement shock then started leaking again a month later. On another occassion the service shop couldn't perform a simple oil change and I had oil leak all over the engine compartment. No compensation offered from the dealer. Now the air conditioner smells musty, which through a little research appears to be a design flaw that allows water to collect deep in the AC system, and the brakes started sqeaking.