2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Don't but a Grand Cherokee
By dnbj on 04/10/15 21:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Eco Diesel has seen a number of problems. My Grand Cherokee has been at the dealers for 6 weeks. FCA Tech Line could not figure it out, until I called their customer service line.

RUN
By titu27 on 04/09/15 09:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was excited to purchase this vehicle after doing much research on it. This is my first American car, but I think after this purchase, I will never buy American again. It's recall after recall and the parts are rarely available. Several times I've tried to get into my car and the remote didn't work, didn't recognize the key nor did it start. I love the ride of the truck and the look, but it's not worth it in the long run. I need a safer vehicle and I'm disappointed that this did not make the mark.

2014 JGC Overland Diesel 4X4 Advance Tech PKG
By Juan Danzilo on 03/29/15 06:45 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is an update to the review I originally wrote on this car a while back. I have had the car for about 6000 miles and this is what my experience has been. Love the diesel. Given gas prices declining would go for a V8 today though. This is my 3rd JGC and is an amazing car - if it was reliable. Chrysler needs to realize they are not selling Jeep grand cherokees at $50K they are selling $50K cars period. With that should come better reliability, service, and build quality. My JGC has gone to the dealer twice for check engine light and will need to go in again next week. The passenger door rattles and the leather split after about 100 miles... $50K is good value but it still has to work!

Get me out of this mess!
By Jeff Shepherd on 03/25/15 11:15 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am considering standing outside my local Jeep dealership with a sign that reads " talk to me before you buy a Grand Cherokee" I have had electrical issue after electrical issue, transmission, all exterior lights quit working, wipers come on randomly,climate control either hot or cold, fuel cap would not open,random check engine light which could not be duplicated at dealership,five factory recalls, still waiting on parts for two of these. they always tell me there were software updates for this vehicle but I have no way of knowing these updates exist because Jeep is not required to notify you, so unless you are back at the dealership for routine service the updates are never done. GRRRRRR!

The Unfixable Water Leak
By Kelsie DeWalt on 03/10/15 15:53 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is the fourth time that I've had water leak in to my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I discovered the issue, I contacted the dealership. They had my car for 3 weeks and told me that after extensive testing they could not recreate the leak and to come and pick up my vehicle. Two days later I was the dealer again. Weeks passed with my Jeep in the dealership service bays until they fixed it. A month later I was back with more water leaking into my trunk, pooling where the spare is located, and flowing in to the rear floor boards. It took them another 2 weeks to fix it. I had my car for two months with no issue. Currently, my car is sitting at another dealership with a water leak.

TIPM recalled part
By ADRIANA PAEZ on 02/26/15 21:31 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchases a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee after looking at SUV ratings which rate it as one of the best SUVs to buy. Less than a year into it my car won't start. It idles but it will not start. I was told it is a fuel pump problem which is housed in the TIPM part. I have taken the car back 4 times with the same issue. The TIPM part has been replaced twice. This is not what you expect from a new car. I am a woman who is afraid of the reliability of my brand new car. It appears I am not the only one with this issue. I wish I would have known before. I had always purchased Acura's before with no problems. I regret this buy. I will be reaching out to Chrysler and apply the lemon law. Wish me luck.

A Huge Disappointment
By Rachael Hollander on 02/25/15 09:02 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After a car accident in which my car was totaled I was thrilled to lease a brand new Grand Cherokee. It was the first time I felt safe in a car after test driving many other SUV's. A year and a half into my lease, all I have had are nightmares. I have had so many electrical issues with this car I am actually afraid when driving. The entire dashboard has gone completely blank while I've driven it on 2 separate occasions. I had to bring the car back another time because the car beeped telling me my seatbelt wasn't secure. Multiple times I've had to reprogram stations & set up the phone again because the system randomly shuts down. I also have the washer fluid light beeping empty when full

JGC 3.0 deisel 6 months, 11,000 miles, no complaints
By Mark Johnson on 02/24/15 12:42 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Ive had the JGC Overland 4x4 with 3.0 diesel for 8 months, and have no complaints. We go back and forth from the Bay Area to our house in Tahoe once a month and Im amazed how good the mileage is. I love the diesels torque. Great gas mileage and power. The tranny is as smooth as silk (Yes smooth.. No clunking) and the paddle shifters are very nice in the mountains. Weve used the snow mode a few times and it gives me a real sense of confidence. I did get a safety recall notice and brought in in last week, and had the work done. I was a little surprised when I went there that there were 8 flash updates required. But it has sophisticated computer system in it, so I should not be surprised.

Book by its cover
By wileescott on 02/18/15 16:46 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

So this is my first American car. They did not provide a diesel option for the drive train but that is the model I have. This car has been problem after problem and I am selling it after only one year. Jeep you have really screwed up this model. The latest problem is the DEF injector is made of plastic, located on the bottom of the car and broke right off. You screwed up that part design and location so bad that the parts are on backorder with no known delivery date. So my first American car is being offloaded with a significant loss to me as your design is not reliable. The drive train is where this car is really lacking to pathetic. The drive train has a great deal of lag. Almost dangerous

Honest Grand Cherokee Review
By forestlake on 02/17/15 11:29 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Ours: 2014 Limited 4x4, Diesel, Trail Rated, Adv Tech pkg (loaded). Many electrical problems & after 5-mo in service is being bought back under MI lemon law. But we're lucky: came to find that "using" this car was very frustrating. The touchscreen is dangerous to use when driving vs physical buttons/knobs. Just turning on heated seats takes 3-4 steps. Climate controls? More steps. Eyes are constantly searching for controls & impossible to see what's "on" just at a glance. Also, front field of view is somewhat limited. Paddle shifters always in the way. There's no feel in the shifter (try doing a 3-point turn in the city). Always accidentally hit buttons on wheel when turning in reverse, too.