2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Base model represents and excellent value
By credd on 07/26/14 17:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Too many other reviewers have complained about poor throttle response and the 'default to eco-mode' transmission. Sport mode on the transmission is intuitive and impressive in its ability to hold a lower gear when torque is needed on demand. I regularly toggle between 'D' and 'S' modes with a simple reward tug on the transmission selector handle for the times when I want fuel savings or for the times when throttle response is of utmost importance. The base model Laredo is a two wheel drive model, and the only option I chose was 23E (8-way adjustable electric drivers seat). I am averaging 20.8 MPG over 5500 miles of mixed city/highway driving. Comfortable ride and fine handling.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel
By jeepgcfan on 07/19/14 08:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This Review is for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel (EDMUNDS Please Add This Engine Choice)Additional features on this already highly capable SUV include the Advanced Technology Package. Despite being a Jeep family and a GC fan, I did a substantial amount of research before purchasing this $50K SUV given the amount of recalls on Chrysler products recently. I looked at BMW, Porsche, and Land Rover but could not find an SUV that even came close for the $50K price point anywhere close to new (or even slightly used). It is important to note this configuration with the Diesel engine literally has almost every feature and is more than enough SUV for most people.

Great Looking Car, Needs Help
By jcoots on 07/05/14 18:18 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Leased a 2014 JGC Overland. Had it for a year & just traded it for an Acura. All in all, not a bad car. Comfortable, nice features (when they worked), sharp looking. Definitely opt for V8 or V6 (I didn't - mistake). Jeep has got to focus on overall reliability across the board. In particular is the technology. So unreliable. Would turn on car & no volume, navigation has no idea where I am. Half the time couldn't change stations or adjust volume. UConnect is a waste. You get Yelp & Pandora for a fee (free on my teenagers Honda Accord). Navi input crazy slow. The wifi option is expensive & completely worthless. Transmission stinks. Step on accelerator & stand still for a few seconds.

Hideous support from Jeep, way to many problems!
By mbooms on 07/03/14 09:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I hav 2014 Jeep Overland V8, fully loaded and its a beautiful gas guzzler that drives pretty darn well.....when it works. It is 13 months old and has about 9500 miles, here is the problem list: The forward collision warning system goes off randomnly, activating the brakes about half the time!!!! This is the worst problem I have, its unsafe, the vehicle will brake very hard when this happens, I have almost been rear ended several times. It has been in the shop 6 times for this problem. FYI they replaced the camera/sensor, the part cost $1400 according to the warranty ticket!!! 5 other signifcant problems and Jeep cust service is horrid, its getting lemon lawed!!

Total Lack of Support
By floridateacher on 07/01/14 07:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought a JGC Ltd. in January and loved almost everything about it. But in May I had an accident that caused all of the front air bags to deploy. The vehicle was repaired in about 3 weeks but I am now in my 7th week waiting for the knee air bag to arrive and be installed. The collision center has done everything it can and I called Chrysler Support. What a joke, they are telling me it will be another 8 weeks before the part will be available. They have offered NOTHING in the way of support like a free rental car even though I have maxed out my rental insurance. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler product. How can they sell cars they don't have parts for? Does the customer mean nothing?

First SUV after sport lux cars
By bakoff on 06/29/14 10:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 with a May 2014 build date, and it is really great so far. I am confident that many of the issues reported in the early builds were software related and have been cleared up. My observed mpg is 17, so that is a little disappointing. I will admit that I have kind of a heavy foot. Coming from a string of luxury sport sedans, the lower mpg is offset in part by getting to use regular gas rather than premium (which costs about 12% less at current prices in my area), and dyno oil rather than synthetic.

accident waiting to happen
By nonap on 06/25/14 13:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Gas pedal delayed response almost causing accident. I accelerated at stop sign man decided to cross street I saw him. put my foot on break. had to apply break hard because accelerator finally responded. I looked down at the gas pedal to see if my foot was on both pedals but I was only on the break. This is not a wish list but is a serious defect & needs to be recalled & fixed. it could have caused that man his life, & I would have to live with the guilt. Took delivery April 2014. car is 2014 model. I have complained about lag time & they say its now computerized instead of direct linkage. & my security breach by Bluetooth on 24/7 even without keys in car

8 speed trans
By loc1183 on 05/16/14 10:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Well I never thought I would have to write a review. After working for Chrysler for 42 years and driven nothing but Chrysler producst I'm about to change. I purchased a 2014 Jeep Overland and have had to return it to the shop several times for transmission problems. Trans is a 8 speed and it really sucks. Jerks forward to approx. 2800 -3000 rpm. when starting out. When merging into traffic no response when accelerator is pressed then jumps into passing gear. Thought I was back in the sixties again. Dealership tells me that it is the characteristic of that vehicle. Well when you buy a $50000.00 vehicle you kind of expect everything to be right. Ok I think I'll try a Ford.

Chrysler will not stand by the product.
By bugeye62 on 05/13/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We bought our 2014 Overland in December of 2013. It isn't six months old yet, and the leather is pealing on the lower part of the driver's side seat. We had to make two trips to the dealership in order to have the manager take pictures so that he could then send them to Chrysler. Chrysler says they will not fix it. Too bad, because other than the leather pealing, it is a great vehicle. However, I am afraid to think of what I would have to prove if something went wrong with the drive train. BUYER BEWARE. If they won't fix something small like leather, what will happen with something big?

I love this car
By janlaw on 05/07/14 06:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my 2014 JGC Summit. It drives so smooth and quiet. The bigger touch screen is great and makes it easier to see the maps. The sound system is the best I have ever had in a car and love it. The handling is so sweet, corners well and it has plenty of pick up and go. The gas mileage is so much better than my old Hemi. It looks beautiful on the outside and inside. I feel pampered and spoiled to say the least. A fun and great SUV to own. I say get one and enjoy it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*