Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

SRT 6.4L V8 4x4 8-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )

never been disapointed
By cody

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

this car vibrates and makes rumbling noise when shifting lots of road noise

Great to Drive
By Walter Dandridge

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

I have always been impressed with the driving and handling of my Jeep. Several issues would be the driver front visibility when turning left due to outside mirror placement. Also, the back up camera screen frequently goes to a blue screen. Probably the most downside is the frequent maintenance ever 3 months. Otherwise a great SUV.

2014 Cherokee Limited diesel
By JoAnn Hennings

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

23,575 mi. Had 2 catalytic converters. 5 engine lights. frustrating to have a new car that strands you a 100 miles from home. Even with appointments car is not always looked at on that day. Not right. Always excuse they are short in techs. (So you can an be out 2 days without a car) Oil changes are ok. $60 oil filter on diesel, + oil + labor.

Not safe to drive!
By Melissa

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

Where to start. When the car arrived there were some interior pieces partially off and in the front passenger side a bunch of wires were hanging down by the floor. Red flag? Hmm.

Here we go, Issues I have had:
-Control screen goes black randomly and radio shuts off. As well as everything else I access via this screen.
-Randomly says key fab has left the vehicle and dings when it hasn't.
-AC/Heat are extremes. If you decide to adjust temp, takes like 15 minutes for it to actually change.
-Gear shifter, yikes! Hard to know what you actually shifted into. You think you pushed it all the way forward for Park but no, half the time, it is in reverse.
-----SCARIEST of all is the transmission! It hesitates whenever you need sudden acceleration like trying to make a left turn! Almost got into a few accidents because of this potentially deadly flaw. I have to drive knowing that my transmission will seize and not to try and to do any rapid or quick accelerations. Had it looked at many times and they tell me nothing is wrong. We updated software, have a great day.

I leased this poor excuse for a vehicle and I wish I could get rid of it today. Will never buy another Jeep Vehicle again.

Jeep SRT - eats German luxury SUVs for lunch!
By need_for_speed

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

I laugh when some claim a Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5 M are better or are in a different class. I originally was looking at an X3 M-Sport, but couldn't swallow spending almost 60K for an X3. I also considered the Audi SQ5, a used X5M. And I couldn't stand the snobby dealers with their nose in the air.

I eventually ran into the Jeep SRT. Not only is it the most appealing of the luxury SUVs, the new interior for 2014 was bar none the best. Perhaps Audi and BMW can take a lesson from this. And it is FAST! I love that it's only marginally 'slower' than a Cayenne Turbo S that costs more than 2X! I DID 0-60 in 4.3 SEC! You decide if that's slow!

Love the SRT and looking forward to many years!