So far, so good...
By ramblinhusker on
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Must admit, I was initially weary of jumping-in to the Jeep (i.e. Chrysler) family after reading a number of reviews over the years. However, the overall design of the Grand Cherokee, plus the pricing and the engine performance, had me negotiating very hard for a lengthy extended warranty (I know some folks don't like purchasing extended warranties). There were a couple of cosmetic things that needed to be fixed. One of the exterior trims on the passenger window needed a new fastener, and there was something rolling-around underneath the passenger front seat. Both items were taken care of. I drive a lot of miles per year, usually 20k+. One long trip was comfortable.
Favorite Features
Overall design, engine performance (and economy - had 26+ mpg on one highway trip), and my dealer has been very responsive/helpful. Within 2 weeks after purchase had a lot of snow-fall, and the GC handled it wonderfully. Seems to be much more quiet, at speed, than I anticipated - a very nice surprise.
Suggested Improvements
Cloth seats seem to wear quickly. I had planned to have a Katzkin interior put in after a year anyway. My primary complaint, though, is the transmission. It works fine, but really needed one more "true" gear, before an overdrive. They have gone to an 8-gear transmission in 2014, so likely no longer an issue.