Used 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2013 Grand Cherokee, love it
By verlanst

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving a number of competing vehicles we bought our 2013 Grand Cherokee. We now have 25,000 miles with zero problems. We bought this car so that might wife would have the safety of all wheel drive in the Colorado winter. We were never disappointed in the performance of the car in the snow despite the OEM tires which aren't particularly snow friendly. I find the V6 performance to be quite good even in mountainous terrain and high altitude. Around town it is a pleasure to drive, and I'll opt to drive it over my Audi A4 if it's in the driveway.

Styling, performance and all wheel drive capability.

A bit disappointed, but it sure was pretty
By henrietta1

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo for about a month, and then traded it in. It had very little get up and go on the smallest of hills, it was so bad on gas that I might as well have gotten the V8 cause the fuel economy seemed to be about the same. It was difficult to get in and out of even with the added assist steps. This is the reason that the prior owner traded it. I disregarded that upon purchase because they were an older couple. I am young and it was still a pain to get in and out of with the kids. It is very stylish and eye catching. The 4x4 seems to perform well and the Jeep handled well. I loved the interior lighting. I traded it for a Chevy Cruze diesel and dont regret it

interior lighting, handling, exterior styling, cargo space

make it easier to get in and out of, improve fuel economy, improve its power in the V6

radio problems
By dolphsdeli

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

the radio in my 2013 grand Cherokee overland summit freezes when Bluetooth wireless is used.has been to the dealer 4 times in 2 months cannot fix .radio was replaced.i was told yesterday 3 27 2014 that the Iphone is not compatible with the uconnect system in my jeep.. am I the only person in the US with a jeep and an iphone.someone somewhere has to have this problem..help

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
By koenigsegg_fan

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The JGC Trailhawk is a limited edition Laredo with exclusive features. It does have the 5.7 HEMI. There isn't anything that makes it drive differently than a regular Grand Cherokee. We found this rare Jeep on the dealer lot for $8000 off. What a deal! It has a really smooth ride from the air suspension. With rugged off-road tires, it still has a really quiet, smooth ride. The seats are big, but firm. However, they're really comfortable. Its cargo space is good for luggage even with the seats up. The interior is well-put together with high quality materials, and many are soft to the touch. We had 0 problems with the electronics, the engine, and the air suspension. We had it for 9 months.

I love the Hemi engine with its awesome growl. The air suspension allows me to adjust the ride height. Sport mode makes the suspension stiffer, and keeps the Jeep from leaning on turns too much. Sport mode also makes the transmission up-shift later, and makes the air-suspension lower the vehicle's height from the ground for less center of gravity. The 9 speaker system with a sub-woofer sounds amazing! The Quadra-Trac II system allows you to adjust the vehicle's 4WD and air-suspension system for certain driving conditions at the spin of a knob. I also love the leather and suede power-adjustable seats.

I wish the 2011-2013 Grand Cherokees had the 8 speed ZF transmission like in the refreshed 2014 Jeep. It's way better than both the Hemi's 6-speed, and the V6's 5-speed in regards to better reliability, it's smoother, has faster shift times, enables faster acceleration times, and better gas mileage! For the $47,000 price tag, there should be LED headlights, and there should be climate control buttons for the back passengers, not just 2 stray vents that can only be controlled by the front seat occupants.

So far, so good...
By ramblinhusker

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Must admit, I was initially weary of jumping-in to the Jeep (i.e. Chrysler) family after reading a number of reviews over the years. However, the overall design of the Grand Cherokee, plus the pricing and the engine performance, had me negotiating very hard for a lengthy extended warranty (I know some folks don't like purchasing extended warranties). There were a couple of cosmetic things that needed to be fixed. One of the exterior trims on the passenger window needed a new fastener, and there was something rolling-around underneath the passenger front seat. Both items were taken care of. I drive a lot of miles per year, usually 20k+. One long trip was comfortable.

Overall design, engine performance (and economy - had 26+ mpg on one highway trip), and my dealer has been very responsive/helpful. Within 2 weeks after purchase had a lot of snow-fall, and the GC handled it wonderfully. Seems to be much more quiet, at speed, than I anticipated - a very nice surprise.

Cloth seats seem to wear quickly. I had planned to have a Katzkin interior put in after a year anyway. My primary complaint, though, is the transmission. It works fine, but really needed one more "true" gear, before an overdrive. They have gone to an 8-gear transmission in 2014, so likely no longer an issue.