2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Thrilled with the quality and

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Thrilled with the quality and luxury
By kahului38 on

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in Black with the Frost Beige Leather interior. Have driven it about 1,000 miles so far and I LOVE IT! I had to wait for the 2012 since the dealer couldn't get their hands on any 2011s in Black with the Rear DVD option (I have two kids). It was worth the wait! The V6 on the Limited is more than adequate (I do not tow anything). I miss the extra punch of the V8 in my old 2001 JGC, but the mileage is much better (23-24 HWY) and the car rides so smooth.

Favorite Features

The interior is simply stellar. What sets it apart is the integrated radio and navigation. Instead of having about 50 buttons on the dash like in toyotas and lexuses, it's all integrated into the touchscreen. It makes the dash very understated and uncluttered.

Suggested Improvements

I wanted but couldn't bear to pay the $1,500 for the power rear tailgate (it only comes with the cooled seats luxury group II option), but I wish this was a standard feature on the limited. Also, I wish the car came with the roof rack crossbars. Seems like nickel and diming to have to purchase what should be a standard feature on a $38,000 SUV.
By woodinva
on 02/08/13 04:11 AM (PST)

Roof rack crossbars detract from mileage

By jg88
on 06/15/12 08:29 AM (PDT)

Question, how is the gas emileage around town? Or in mixed driving? How about acceleration with 4 passengers? Am reading elsewhere that the v6 is not very strong and gas mileabe is poor in city/mixed driving.