2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Overland Leather Dash Warped a

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Overland Leather Dash Warped and Blistered
By jabaseball on

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in January of 2012 and by November of that year notice some minor bubbles in leather dash. By mid summer of 2013 it was very noticeable and by early spring of 2014 it was ridiculous. Warps, bubbles, waves in the leather and the plastic inserts. I drive a lot so I was beyond 36K miles by the time I complained though the car has only been in service 26 months or so and mileage has nothing to do with the dashboard disaster. So far the dealer will only respond that it is out of warranty. Other than the dashboard and some minor complaints about paint quality on the non-metallic body parts, the vehicle is excellent.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage and long range out of the V6. The stereo is nice and the seats are comfortable for long hauls. The pop open back glass is a great feature for putting small items in without opening the whole hatch. OEM tires gave me over 45K miles.

Suggested Improvements

If JEEP wants to compete with luxury competitors then it better learn how to use leather, wood and plastic in the cabin. If JEEP wants my business again, it better learn that customers spending $50K on a car expect the luxury features to stay luxurious.