Really Like my Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4
By carolina_gator on
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
After 7 months I have 42,000 miles on my Jeep and still enjoy driving it. The V6 delivers almost 24 mpg on interstate using no ethanol gas, but loses at least 10% on gas with ethanol. Although it has as much horsepower as my Yukon, it has significantly less torque and the V6 works much harder to pull a 23 ft boat and trailer weighing almost 5600 lbs. The ride quality is very good and no warranty issues other than a completely dead battery in the first month. The 5 speed tranny upshifts smoothly but downshifts in and out of 4th gear frequently when encountering moderate grades, which is annoying. Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle and would recommend a Grand Cherokee.
Favorite Features
The leather seats are comfortable and provide reasonable support and the V6 engine is strong enough in everyday use and highway driving. I have received many compliments on the color and style of this moderately sized SUV.
Suggested Improvements
The placement of the fuel filler door release is in such a place that it is easy to hit with your knee when getting in or out of the vehicle. The $149 charge to update the map information on the Garmin GPS seems somewhat excessive. I do wish that I could have gotten the smaller 17 inch tires and wheels, but due to the options packages on it I got the 18 inch ones instead.