My First Jeep - My Last Jeep
By lr3looser on
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I own a $47,000 Cherokee Overland & found through a minor issue that Jeep customer care has protocals they follow regardless of cost or inconvience inflicted on the customer. This is the 1st Jeep product I ever owned and will be the last. Jeep sent me a software and map upgrade complimentry to me. Trying to install the map upgrade I found the vehicle vin number is not loaded in the nav system, thus it will not load the map upgrade. No dealer in Chicago has heard of this nor knows what to do to fix it. Jeep customer cares resolution is to bring the car to a dealer and experiment trying to fix it. No idea what may happen, how long it takes and no loaner read page 4 of the owner manual!
Favorite Features
The Jeep is great but be prepared to stand on your own getting anything fixed and better have a second car because Jeep has no responsibility to give a loaner. Note that all Jeep/Chrysler dealers are privately owned and can do whatever they want in working with you and repairing a Jeep becasue they get no support from corprorate to solve any problems. A supervisor in customer care told me that all she can do is follow her protocal and nothing more. For $47,000 I could have a BMW, Audi or Mercedes with a real warranty and real customer service and a loaner. Thank goodness that this is a very minor issue, but having experienced that lack of support, trading back to a BMW next week.
Suggested Improvements
Jeep/Chrysler needs to grow up and have a real customer service group if they are going to sell $47,000 cares in the US. If not they should focus on selling $15,000 Fiats that when something breaks you just throw them away. Luckily I can afford to make this change but what happens to that person that just took out 5 year loan to buy a Jeep/ Chrysler product and is stuck with poor service, computer programed customer service people and a total lack of any idea of what customer service is. Yes this is why Toyota is the leading manufacturer in the US.
By woodinva
on 02/08/13 04:20 AM (PST)

I agree... when you get into the 45-60k range for a vehicle you should be able to get a loaner if the vehicle problems take MORE then 1 day to fix. I get that with my Volvo.