Used 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

LOADED LEMON
By BUD

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have the 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. It has great options & most work well.
The problems have been many recalls; the original tires, which were expensive wore poorly & had several flats. Since 11/12, I have only put 31000 miles. My latest problem started with a antifreeze leak, which was diagnosed as a cracked left head(hemi). Apparently this happens regularly since the heads are on national backorder. This latest fix kept me using a loaner for 5 weeks.
The dealership is terrific, but the Jeep isn't.

Get this car if you like driving rental cars
By Phil

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Many, many recalls and you have to pay out-of-pocket when you get a rental car . I have basically replaced every major item in the car including the catalytic converter and complete $1300 steering gear. Everything made out of plastic so they either crack or fall off the car. Then had to replace the entire cooler and fluid retainer

2012 grand Cherokee overland
By David

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and the service 4wd light comes on every now and then but as soon as I turn it off and turn it back on it goes away for a day or two then it comes back on I took it to a machanic and he said there's nothing wrong dose anyone else have this problem????

great car but one MAJOR problem
By Mark

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 2012 Grand Cherokee overland has been a very good SUV. Drives well, I like the looks, is comfortable and roomy. My issue with the car is that at about 40K miles the dashboard started to bubble and warp. Though I have an extended warranty, the deal (Rairdon of Kirkland, WA) says that they will not fix. So, I'm stuck with a car that looks good from the outside and but is hideous on the inside. I would not buy another 'luxury' car from Jeep, they clearly don't know how to make them and are not willing to stand behind their product.

HEMI 4x4
By db1988

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a Hummer H2 for several years, it was time for something new. I wanted a V8 4x4 SUV, and debated between a Tahoe and a Grand Cherokee. I am certain I made the right choice with the Jeep. I used to think the h2 was nice to drive, but the Jeep is a whole new experience. Much more comfortable, it has all the options (plus more) that the hummer did, and it is a little easier on gas. I have a fully loaded Laredo (Black on Black), and I could not be happier with the vehicle. It drives exceptionally well, has plenty of power, and looks sharp. It has had a few recalls..no big deal. Take it to the Jeep store and they are happy to take care of it. No major issues at 60k miles.

Steering wheel controls are exceptionally easy to use. Very quiet, spacious interior. Premium sound is excellent, leather is nice and comfortable. I do not like buying German vehicles, I always say "They aren't made for Americans" (meaning they are way too complicated). I appreciate simplistic controls and easy to navigate features. I prefer this Jeep over any other SUV in its class. I stand a little over 6 feet tall, and can sit comfortably in the drivers seat with my equally tall brother in the rear seat. I am happy with the size and all the features it has.