Used 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

AN ANIMAL THAT DRINKS GAS
By BUD M.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

1 LOT OF RECALLS . NO GLITCHES. GREAT IN SNOW-BETTER THAN ANY OTHER 4 WHEEL I HAVE OWNED(6). ROTTEN GAS MILEAGE. GOOD LOOKING. FEEL VERY SAFE TO BE IN.

LOADED LEMON
By BUD

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have the 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. It has great options & most work well.
The problems have been many recalls; the original tires, which were expensive wore poorly & had several flats. Since 11/12, I have only put 31000 miles. My latest problem started with a antifreeze leak, which was diagnosed as a cracked left head(hemi). Apparently this happens regularly since the heads are on national backorder. This latest fix kept me using a loaner for 5 weeks.
The dealership is terrific, but the Jeep isn't.

Get this car if you like driving rental cars
By Phil

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Many, many recalls and you have to pay out-of-pocket when you get a rental car . I have basically replaced every major item in the car including the catalytic converter and complete $1300 steering gear. Everything made out of plastic so they either crack or fall off the car. Then had to replace the entire cooler and fluid retainer

2012 grand Cherokee overland
By David

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and the service 4wd light comes on every now and then but as soon as I turn it off and turn it back on it goes away for a day or two then it comes back on I took it to a machanic and he said there's nothing wrong dose anyone else have this problem????

great car but one MAJOR problem
By Mark

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 2012 Grand Cherokee overland has been a very good SUV. Drives well, I like the looks, is comfortable and roomy. My issue with the car is that at about 40K miles the dashboard started to bubble and warp. Though I have an extended warranty, the deal (Rairdon of Kirkland, WA) says that they will not fix. So, I'm stuck with a car that looks good from the outside and but is hideous on the inside. I would not buy another 'luxury' car from Jeep, they clearly don't know how to make them and are not willing to stand behind their product.