2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Really Like my Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4
By carolina_gator on 11/07/13 13:13 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After 7 months I have 42,000 miles on my Jeep and still enjoy driving it. The V6 delivers almost 24 mpg on interstate using no ethanol gas, but loses at least 10% on gas with ethanol. Although it has as much horsepower as my Yukon, it has significantly less torque and the V6 works much harder to pull a 23 ft boat and trailer weighing almost 5600 lbs. The ride quality is very good and no warranty issues other than a completely dead battery in the first month. The 5 speed tranny upshifts smoothly but downshifts in and out of 4th gear frequently when encountering moderate grades, which is annoying. Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle and would recommend a Grand Cherokee.

Over all great vehicle
By jasonjcgl on 06/25/13 11:22 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After driving this car for 9 months and nearing the 10,000 mile mark I have to say that I am very pleased. I have driven in almost every condition imaginable. In the snow it drives effortlessly with no trouble at all, in the mud it performs very well and will get through without any hesitation, on dirt roads the handling is flawless, and in the water no issues arise. After going on 4 road trips so far, I have to say it is excellent for traveling! The ride is super smooth, steering is amazing, and the cabin is extremely quiet. In terms of gas mileage, on the highway I average around 25mpg but have gotten up to 27mpg and in the city I average 18mpg. Over all this is an amazing vehicle!

Overall a very happy owner.
By mowog2 on 03/04/13 18:14 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for 14 months and 40,000 miles. So far both the puchase and ownership experiences have been good ones. Power with the V6 requires lots of RPM's as a small V6 is propelling a 5000+ pound vehicle BUT, the upside is that same 5000+ pound vehicle getting on average about 23 MPG at 70 MPH on the highway. A downside is the navigation system which is near useless and best plan on having a Garmin mounted to the windshield...!!! Our only warrantable item was a new seat covering on the driver's seat due to premature wear....quite the hastle getting the right material from Jeep Service Parts and thank heavens for a great servicing dealer in Auburn, Indiana. Happy owner...!!!!!

I will never buy another Chrysler product again.
By joemags1 on 02/08/13 13:29 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I made the mistake of purchasing a 2012 Jeep Overland in Colorado. This vehicle certainly falls short of that is it the most awarded SUV, as I now think that Chrysler hands out its own awards. With a hemi installed, expect to get an average of 17 miles per gallon city and highway combine. The NAV system is poor at best; I had trouble with it from day one as it would lose memory. I just had the radio replaced with no guarantee from the dealer that this will correct the issue. The one item that bugs me the most is the lack of quality of the exterior chrome, or should I say chrome coated plastic. With only 5000 miles on my truck, and after the very first exposure to the snow treated road

Solid vehicle, happy with my choices
By xsmojo on 01/14/13 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2012 4x4 v8 for a year and it was great overall. The cons: MPG not so good, the Nav system is difficult. I have since fixed part of this by trading for a 2013 v6. Now the MPG is better. The power is acceptable too, I was surprised. I recall the 2011 v6 seemed to lag but mine has done this. Now if we can just get the newer Nav from the 300 it will be a great vehicle package.

My First Jeep - My Last Jeep
By lr3looser on 12/18/12 15:45 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I own a $47,000 Cherokee Overland & found through a minor issue that Jeep customer care has protocals they follow regardless of cost or inconvience inflicted on the customer. This is the 1st Jeep product I ever owned and will be the last. Jeep sent me a software and map upgrade complimentry to me. Trying to install the map upgrade I found the vehicle vin number is not loaded in the nav system, thus it will not load the map upgrade. No dealer in Chicago has heard of this nor knows what to do to fix it. Jeep customer cares resolution is to bring the car to a dealer and experiment trying to fix it. No idea what may happen, how long it takes and no loaner read page 4 of the owner manual!

This is one phenominal vehicle!!!
By hendy on 08/31/12 13:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many vehicles in my lifetime (too many according to my wife!) but this is by far my favorite. After 16,000 miles I have not had a single problem. My high on the highway is over 25 mpg and I get around 20 in the city. Often I run ethanol in it to be a little green but MPG drops quite a bit. The car is unbelievably comfortable and rides like a dream. This summer we took it on a 16 hour trip and felt great when we arrived (as good as we could have been). It is very quiet, has a great entertainment system and looks fabulous inside and out. I am amazed at the comments I receive from people about how nice it is. There is not much to not like about it.

Limited with the Altitude package
By tombro65 on 08/23/12 04:55 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Short and simple, This was a good purchase! Thanks to all the help from this website I made my decision to purchase this Jeep, and so far the vehicle has exceeded my expactations. I am getting 24.3 mpg on the highway, and 20 in city. I purchased the Altitude package that I get tons of compliments on (first compliment was a total stranger who said, "thats one sinister looking ride") I have zero regrets buying my jeep

Great car!
By anhdao on 08/22/12 14:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My husband purchased this car earlier this year and we are so pleased with the updated design of the Grand Cherokee. Comfortable, runs smoothly, great family car, and the overall value is great in comparison with other luxury cars.

Thrilled with the quality and luxury
By kahului38 on 09/05/11 17:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in Black with the Frost Beige Leather interior. Have driven it about 1,000 miles so far and I LOVE IT! I had to wait for the 2012 since the dealer couldn't get their hands on any 2011s in Black with the Rear DVD option (I have two kids). It was worth the wait! The V6 on the Limited is more than adequate (I do not tow anything). I miss the extra punch of the V8 in my old 2001 JGC, but the mileage is much better (23-24 HWY) and the car rides so smooth.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in NJ is:

$243 per month*