Used 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

LOADED LEMON
By BUD

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have the 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. It has great options & most work well.
The problems have been many recalls; the original tires, which were expensive wore poorly & had several flats. Since 11/12, I have only put 31000 miles. My latest problem started with a antifreeze leak, which was diagnosed as a cracked left head(hemi). Apparently this happens regularly since the heads are on national backorder. This latest fix kept me using a loaner for 5 weeks.
The dealership is terrific, but the Jeep isn't.

2012 grand Cherokee overland
By David

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and the service 4wd light comes on every now and then but as soon as I turn it off and turn it back on it goes away for a day or two then it comes back on I took it to a machanic and he said there's nothing wrong dose anyone else have this problem????

great car but one MAJOR problem
By Mark

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 2012 Grand Cherokee overland has been a very good SUV. Drives well, I like the looks, is comfortable and roomy. My issue with the car is that at about 40K miles the dashboard started to bubble and warp. Though I have an extended warranty, the deal (Rairdon of Kirkland, WA) says that they will not fix. So, I'm stuck with a car that looks good from the outside and but is hideous on the inside. I would not buy another 'luxury' car from Jeep, they clearly don't know how to make them and are not willing to stand behind their product.

Grand Cherokee Overland V8 4x4
By defender97

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this because it can be towed behind a Motorhome easily and the Landcruiser we had was at 100k plus miles. July 2012 .
Overall nice ride. Comfortable no mechanical probs.
Has 24 k miles on it now. We noticed the dash was bubbling up near windshield . Showed it to the dealer service dept . They stated they had seen it before and ordered a new on under warranty being installed as this is written.

4 wheel drive system easily adapts to 4 wheels down towing behind motorhome. Also great for exploring off road trails. Comfy ride. Tows a 22ft boat without even breathing hard. Has been reliable so far but I am always on time for maintainance. Looks good. Adjustable height for off road and for easy exit and entrance. Seat coolers are great in summer

Nav system needs improvement. As I said dash delamination is worrisome for the future as We intend to keep this $ 50 k vehicle for a long time and live in Fla.

Overland Leather Dash Warped and Blistered
By jabaseball

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in January of 2012 and by November of that year notice some minor bubbles in leather dash.
By mid summer of 2013 it was very noticeable and by early spring of 2014 it was ridiculous.
Warps, bubbles, waves in the leather and the plastic inserts.
I drive a lot so I was beyond 36K miles by the time I complained though the car has only been in service 26 months or so and mileage has nothing to do with the dashboard disaster.
So far the dealer will only respond that it is out of warranty.

Other than the dashboard and some minor complaints about paint quality on the non-metallic body parts, the vehicle is excellent.

Excellent gas mileage and long range out of the V6. The stereo is nice and the seats are comfortable for long hauls. The pop open back glass is a great feature for putting small items in without opening the whole hatch. OEM tires gave me over 45K miles.

If JEEP wants to compete with luxury competitors then it better learn how to use leather, wood and plastic in the cabin. If JEEP wants my business again, it better learn that customers spending $50K on a car expect the luxury features to stay luxurious.