2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Overall a very happy owner.
By mowog2 on 03/04/13 18:14 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for 14 months and 40,000 miles. So far both the puchase and ownership experiences have been good ones. Power with the V6 requires lots of RPM's as a small V6 is propelling a 5000+ pound vehicle BUT, the upside is that same 5000+ pound vehicle getting on average about 23 MPG at 70 MPH on the highway. A downside is the navigation system which is near useless and best plan on having a Garmin mounted to the windshield...!!! Our only warrantable item was a new seat covering on the driver's seat due to premature wear....quite the hastle getting the right material from Jeep Service Parts and thank heavens for a great servicing dealer in Auburn, Indiana. Happy owner...!!!!!

I will never buy another Chrysler product again.
By joemags1 on 02/08/13 13:29 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I made the mistake of purchasing a 2012 Jeep Overland in Colorado. This vehicle certainly falls short of that is it the most awarded SUV, as I now think that Chrysler hands out its own awards. With a hemi installed, expect to get an average of 17 miles per gallon city and highway combine. The NAV system is poor at best; I had trouble with it from day one as it would lose memory. I just had the radio replaced with no guarantee from the dealer that this will correct the issue. The one item that bugs me the most is the lack of quality of the exterior chrome, or should I say chrome coated plastic. With only 5000 miles on my truck, and after the very first exposure to the snow treated road

Solid vehicle, happy with my choices
By xsmojo on 01/14/13 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2012 4x4 v8 for a year and it was great overall. The cons: MPG not so good, the Nav system is difficult. I have since fixed part of this by trading for a 2013 v6. Now the MPG is better. The power is acceptable too, I was surprised. I recall the 2011 v6 seemed to lag but mine has done this. Now if we can just get the newer Nav from the 300 it will be a great vehicle package.

My First Jeep - My Last Jeep
By lr3looser on 12/18/12 15:45 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I own a $47,000 Cherokee Overland & found through a minor issue that Jeep customer care has protocals they follow regardless of cost or inconvience inflicted on the customer. This is the 1st Jeep product I ever owned and will be the last. Jeep sent me a software and map upgrade complimentry to me. Trying to install the map upgrade I found the vehicle vin number is not loaded in the nav system, thus it will not load the map upgrade. No dealer in Chicago has heard of this nor knows what to do to fix it. Jeep customer cares resolution is to bring the car to a dealer and experiment trying to fix it. No idea what may happen, how long it takes and no loaner read page 4 of the owner manual!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee in NJ is:

$283 per month*