Used 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Smooth ride, and Lifetime Warranty!
By James Oliver

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have only owned my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a handful of months. But I work as Jeep Service Advisor at a Jeep dealership. My Laredo X with a panoramic sunroof and of course, a Hemi is so much fun, and stylish. Its smooth, confident in handling, bold, powerful, quiet and very comfortable. Major step up from the previous gen (WK) with soft touch materials, and great quality plastics. My Jeep only has 20,242 miles on her clock, but as a Service Advisor, I write repair orders all of the time. It is very common to see these 2011-2013 Grand Cherokees (WK2) with well over 100,000 miles. They do not rust for what I have ever seen, and if they are taken care of, then they will last you forever. If you do not like that it had 4 recalls (Recalls that replace very expensive parts with no money from you) then you need to look for a bike. All vehicles get slapped with recalls. That should never be a deciding factor when buying a vehicle. This is my second Jeep Grand, and my fiance is on her second Liberty. I also was able to buy a LIFETIME WARRANTY! Great brand! Love it! (To leave review, I had to put that its an SRT. But, its not.)

AN ANIMAL THAT DRINKS GAS
By BUD M.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

1 LOT OF RECALLS . NO GLITCHES. GREAT IN SNOW-BETTER THAN ANY OTHER 4 WHEEL I HAVE OWNED(6). ROTTEN GAS MILEAGE. GOOD LOOKING. FEEL VERY SAFE TO BE IN.

LOADED LEMON
By BUD

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have the 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. It has great options & most work well.
The problems have been many recalls; the original tires, which were expensive wore poorly & had several flats. Since 11/12, I have only put 31000 miles. My latest problem started with a antifreeze leak, which was diagnosed as a cracked left head(hemi). Apparently this happens regularly since the heads are on national backorder. This latest fix kept me using a loaner for 5 weeks.
The dealership is terrific, but the Jeep isn't.

Get this car if you like driving rental cars
By Phil

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Many, many recalls and you have to pay out-of-pocket when you get a rental car . I have basically replaced every major item in the car including the catalytic converter and complete $1300 steering gear. Everything made out of plastic so they either crack or fall off the car. Then had to replace the entire cooler and fluid retainer

2012 grand Cherokee overland
By David

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and the service 4wd light comes on every now and then but as soon as I turn it off and turn it back on it goes away for a day or two then it comes back on I took it to a machanic and he said there's nothing wrong dose anyone else have this problem????