2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Very good vehicle

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Very good vehicle
By fastdude on

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I'm very happy with the car itself. However I wish I bought the V8 instead of the V6. The engine feels underpowered since the engine has to work very hard to get the 2200 kg weight moving in city driving. Cruising on the highway the engine works better, so long you don't climb any hills. The 5 speed auto trans mission is geared to high. Need at least 6 gears to make driving more fun. Gas consumption was good at first but now after 12000 miles/19000 km my consumption is 20 City and 23highway.

Favorite Features

Exterior, interior, automatic climate control works very well, great 360 degree view all around with no blind spots, feels very solid on rough and gravel roads. The base 4X4 system works excellent on all kind of conditions so far. Snow, Ice and loose surface roads.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission! Why Chrysler put a 5 speed transmission into this vehicle was a stupid move. My 2008 Dodge Nitro RT with the older V6 4.0 litre engine and the 5 speed transmission was much better geared and was more fun to drive.