KEY NOT DETECTED MESSAGE/KEY LOCK IN CAR DETECTION DONT ALWAYS WORK
By kkfoster54 on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I have been having problems with the key not detected message which is happening quite often, I thought it may be the key battery. I switched keys (spare) and its doing the same thing. I was thinking it was the key battery at first, but when I switched keys after a while it started doing the same thing so I dont think its the battery. I have to try anything and everything to get my car to crank. The problem seems to be getting worse, I hope I dont get stranded. Also I have accidently locked myself out the car a few times and the car lock key feature works when it wants to, the key was in the console or my purse in the passenger seat less than 2 ft and it still locks.
Favorite Features
Favorite features is the Uconnect phone feature, the keyless entry and push start if they worked correctly which is what made me trade my old jeep in for the new version. The car key lock feature if it worked correctly. I also like the heated seats, and the backup detection and the remote start (my most favorite).
Suggested Improvements
This is my 3rd Jeep, I would like to see more head room, I'm tall and bump my head all the time getting in the car and so does my passengers. I'd like to see a blind spot mirror, to see the cars better when changing lanes, the safety feature that beeps if you get too close is not that safe, it's almost too late. I'd like to see Jeep car manufacture to get the key not dectection message fixed, and the car key locked feature working like it should. Why put them in the car, if they don't work right. Other than that, I like my Jeep, this may be the last time I buy one. I don't know about the newer Jeeps. My 1994 Jeep was a really good year compared to the my 2006 and 2011 Jeep.
By toured
on 04/04/14 09:07 AM (PDT)

So I had the same issue you are describing and it turns out that the radio was bad(transceiver in the jeep). My unit was replaced under warranty, but once that was changed problem went away.