2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: One Month Old

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

One Month Old
By dclawyer1 on

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 Grand Cherokee one month ago. I have the V8 - Overland Edition, Black, w/ Saddlle/Black interior. So far no problems. The V8 has lots fo power and tourque. Interior in comfortable, no issues. Having traded in my Lexus ES 350 for this vehicle, I miss a few minor things. The NAV doesn't automatically change from day to night lighting and it takes three steps on the menu to change it. A bit of a pain and at night it's definately too bright. Also, the keyless unlock often taken a few seconds to unblock. My Lexus unlocked any door instantly. On the Jeep it onlu unlocked the driver door and I usually havew to hold my hand their for 3 seconds or so before it unlock

Interior comfort, v8 power. ALthough powerful the V8 is thristy!

See above.
By pmin
on 04/13/11 10:21 AM (PDT)

Strange, my Overland's Nav switches from Day to Night modes automatically. You can set whether you want to unlock just the driver door or all doors in the EVIC panel in the dash. Mine also unlocks pretty instantaneously.

By pmin
on 04/17/11 12:57 PM (PDT)

To follow up. even if you have it set to auto to change between day and night modes, you need to ensure that the rotary panel dimmer isn't set to max brightness, this will override the panel from dimming to night mode. I highly recommend joining the online forum at http://www.jeepgarage.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73