Looks nice, rides nice, BUT...
By mrslisa1117 on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Have had for 1.5 yrs. Love the look, interiors and ride. Just back from a roadtrip from NY to DC/VA and no issues other than the daily annoyances of a keyfob that isn't recognized by the starter or a seat that is not comfortable. Since starting your car, and sitting in your seat are not small details, I have to count these as major drawbacks. The keyfob can make you insane, as it doesn't start or tells me that the key has left the car anytime my 11 year old gets in or out (she is not carrying the key!). Seat digs into back of legs and doesn't adjust to the same spots consistently - bizarre! And no print manual is provided, so if you can't start your car, you can't read the manual!
Favorite Features
Looks nice and rides nice.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the key for goodness sake! Starting your car is not a small detail!!! Also, for $35K, you should get a decent seat and seatbelt (from the 70's, I think).
By davo7
on 05/25/12 12:02 PM (PDT)

When the fob acts crazy again and you cannot start your jeep, take your finger and pop out the push button start, and there is a place for your key!

By marsha75
on 04/19/12 22:02 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2011 JGC in January of this year. On 4-18-2012, my car caught on fire while I was on the expressway. The check engine light came on and then a red thunderbolt came on the dashboard. Quickly, we got out of the car and the car and as soon as the door closed, the entire front of the car burst into flames! Before this happened, my keyless entry did the same thing that you are complaining about, when my son left the car, it would chime and say that the key was leaving the vehicle and some times, I would have to sit in the parking lot with the key in my hand and wait for the car to register the key being in the vehicle. Now, I am trying to find out what Jeep is going to do about my car!