Got me home thru a blizzard
By bobt6 on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I recently flew to Boston from Philly on a business trip and was snowed in under 24+ inches of snow. My plane was cancelled and then my backup Amtrak train was cancelled as well. It was my birthday and I was hell bent on getting home. I rented a new JGC from a car rental agency and drove home in just over 6 hours. The Jeep performed flawlessly - I was driving 50-60 mph on highways covered in 6+ inches of snow and occasional 2 foot snow drifts on exit ramps and side roads. This thing drives like a tank in the snow. I like it so much I bought one two days later. I love the ride, the interior fit and finish, and the new body style.
Favorite Features
Rugged body style, quality of interior, ride quality
Suggested Improvements
Improve fuel economy
By jamesmac442
on 03/26/11 07:09 AM (PDT)

"I was driving 50-60 mph on highways covered in 6+ inches of snow and occasional 2 foot snow drifts"!!! Jeeps are great 4wd vehicles, but they do not suspend the laws of physics. You need to slow down in bad weather.

By lucy_c
on 01/28/11 09:27 AM (PST)

I'm going to have to agree with you here! I had an older model Jeep Cherokee that was incredibly reliable for years and just recently traded it in to get a more "fuel efficient vehicle", but here only a year later - I'm about to go back and get a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee again. When I was living up near Lake Tahoe, CA a few years back, I had to get up the mountain early on Thanksgiving day just after it snowed a few FEET of snow! I was nervous as I was the only one on the road and there were no signs of plows. As I climbed the mountain, the snow got deeper and the freeway was unrecognizable - just looking like a white field. I put my Jeep in 4Lo and continued to plow through snow that was now up to my windows and coming over the hood of the car. It made it through a condition that I'd never seen in all my life living in Tahoe and was an experience that will make you a Jeep fan for life! I recalled it while reading your similar experience and can't wait to get rid of my new car to go back to my Jeep!