Amazing ride but the interior isn't.
By alan93 on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I got this used a month ago and am really impressed with the style , performance, size, and fuel economy. The only thing that is mediocre is the drivers cockpit. After selling my old boxy JGC, I almost didn't feel like i had a jeep. This thing rides like a luxury SUV, quiet and smooth. It is bigger than older JGC so it kind of lumbers around corners but the power of the V6 is very impressive. I am getting an astonishing 27 mpg on hiways ( I drive about 70mph but careful to keep the speed steady ). I haven't taken it in the field yet but am wondering if it will be very nimble with its hulking size and heavier weight.
Favorite Features
The enter-n-go with the touch unlock is nice, no more fumbling with the keyfob. You just touch your hand on the latch and it unlocks. Likewise you can lock it with a button touch on the handle. Lighted cup holder, NICE, i was always fumbling for that hole in my old one on dark mornings. The battery is under the passenger seat but you have terminals under the hood for jumper cables. Dual air on this basic model is nice as well. Many of the cars features can be altered using the dash menu and steering wheel selector buttons. Not hard but the terms are not intuitive. Manually shifting of gears for automatic is as easy as a tap to left or right on gear shifter.
Suggested Improvements
The drivers ergonomics are the worst part of this car. The seat seems to be made for a guy who is 6'1" 210 lbs. If you are a guy who is 5'10" or women, you will roll around in the seat. The steering wheel blocks the gauge display unless you move it way up which is in a very uncomfortable position. I once left my brights on but didn't know it because the wheel hides the indicator. Likewise, I can't see the speed gauge past 70 because of the bad view. The power mirrors have a button that you have to hit everytime to select a mirror I wish they had a switch because I would leave it on the left mirror as i adjust it more often. NO 4 WHEEL LOW or mp3 storage on base model, BOOO!