2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Story of Disillusionment

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

A Story of Disillusionment
By suvs_ftw on

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Spec-wise and value-wise I was really looking forward to the 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland as a replacement to my 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited. Instead, I was REALLY disappointed at the dealership today when I saw it and drove it! I was horrified to see that the wonderful Inferno Red finish was trimmed all the way around in cheap black plastic, ugh. A $46K vehicle trimmed in black plastic, who the $%^& in the design shop thought THAT was a good idea ?! I thought maybe it could be redeemed with a test drive of its 5.7L Hemi-V8 though. Yet again I was horrified. This behemoth with a 360hp/390lb-ft powerhouse felt so sluggish it felt like a small V6 with bad turbo lag, awful, just awful.

Favorite Features

N/A

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the cheap plastic exterior trim! Tune the 5.7L Hemi-V8 to be that instead of a weak V6 ! Develop a 6-spd or 8-spd AT for this vehicle. Replace the small round fog lamps with LEDs ala SRT8. And at least OFFER some aggressively designed wheels over the sad, sedate ones.