A Good One!
By vertigeaux on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
We are a Ford family, but were not really impressed with the current Ford lineup as there just wasn't anything very exciting available. I was (and still am) interested in the 2011 (or 2012) Explorer reboot, but I wanted a new ride sooner. I researched the heck out of every mid-size SUV out there. For the money and build quality, this one cannot be beat. I picked up my Laredo X as soon as it hit the dealership lot. I've never viewed the Grand Cherokee as a practical family hauler. The 2011 changes all of that. I feel very safe driving this beauty and my kids love it. Handles great, rides great, looks great.
Favorite Features
Remote start (gotta have this in south Louisiana to get it cooled off for the kiddies), leather, touch screen media center, reverse camera, reverse sensors, tow package, ride.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage. Getting about 14 right now, but I'm all city. Headrest DVD. The shiny faux wood trim is a little distracting in the sunlight. Takes some getting used to. Flat tone would have been better. Rear view mirror a little low on the windshield. Could obstruct a taller driver's view.