2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Second JGC
By Birdfarm on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 2000 w/v8, I knew that they are great all rounders. This new machine blows it out of the water, love the exterior shape along with the Inferno Red, I get lots of thumbs up from other drivers. I wanted another Jeep with the V8 due to towing needs, this 5.7L definitely gets the job done with fairly good fuel economy, having gotten 23 mpg (at 75 mph cruise) on a recent long distance trip. This thing eats miles in superb style, exceedingly comfortable Euro like ride and handling, you're not tired at the end of the ride! Jeep has really knocked this one miles out of the proverbial ballpark, my sister wants one now.

Love My Overland!
By Stacey on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Shopped the new Overland hard against the Lexus GX470 and RX350. Next to the Overland, there was no comparison. The Overland comes equipped with everything! Honestly don't know why anyone would buy a Limited with packages when the car comes in costing more then the Overland and has less features. Had to track this car down to sit in one before ordering mine, and found too many Jeep salesman who did not know as much about the car as I did(having done my HW), and not as much excitement as I felt the car deserves. That said the Jeep line 800- 935-JEEP is FANTASTIC, answered every question I had, clarified salesman misinformation, and were sooo on the ball! This car is a DREAM to own!

Very pleased with this Jeep
By Dmoore on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

love my new grand cherokee. after the test drive i was SOLD! I chose the Laredo "X" package 4X2 which includes the perfect choice of features for those of us that want all of the gadgets without the fluff and bling. kudos to Chrysler for not making the laredo look like a cheap stepchild to the Limited. The V6 is a great engine. Extremely quiet and loaded with low end torque. I'm very pleased with the 19 mpg I'm getting in city driving. That's 3 mpg better than the rating! Ride/handling is very confident and refined. Interior is quiet and the climate system fan is hushed too. Fit, finish, design and quality of interior materials is like higher end luxury vehicles.Chrysler got this one right.

New Jeep - good looking, great ride
By robm66 on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had Jeep for a few days, but put about 200 miles on it today. Driver's seat is super comfortable - firm and supportive. This is my third Jeep in a row and was looking to get Audi or something like that that would be more fun to drive. But this jeep just felt right to me. I think it looks great and so far, it's been a pleasure to drive. Radio is great (Nav/Sirius unit), intuitive to use. Nav is great as it shows you directions on Nav screen and, when hidden, directly in front of you between speedometer and tachometer. Time will tell on build quality and reliability, but I've had good luck so far with the jeeps. Noticed that stepping up into jeep seems higher (I'm 6'1").

Happy 2011 Jeep GC owner
By JJ on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I got a Laredo 'X' package and could not be happier. In order to get the V8 Hemi on a Laredo you have to get the X package which comes with leather seats, my Gig radio, auto climate control, etc. My only options were the panoramic sunroof and a towing package. The GC has a smooth and very quiet ride. I was driving a Magnum RT with a Hemi and wanted to add 4x4 and towing to the Mercedes inspired ride. The GC has a back seat that is just as roomy and comfortable as the Magnum and has slightly more cargo room in back. I like being off the ground again in an SUV - it just feels safer.

Glad to be a Jeep owner again
By Jen on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a 99 Jeep Cherokee and an 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in the past, both were reliable but neither had anything that was extraordinary. I finally left the Jeep world and drove a Dodge Charger RT (with a Hemi) for the past 3 years. I loved the speed and power of the Charger, but missed the capabilities of an SUV. I was about to give up on the Chrysler Group altogether until I heard about the new 2011 JGC. Oh my goodness, its fantastic! Within the first 2 minutes of the test drive I knew I was going to buy it. Jeep has done such a wonderful job in recreating this vehicle. The interior resembles that of any high-end luxury car and the outside looks great too! Love it!

Great SUV!
By BillBatts on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had people stop me in the parking lot and tell me that they used to have a Cherokee in the 90's, and the raw looks of the 2011 will get them back in a new Cherokee. I am absolutely in love with this vehicle! It is 4" wider, 2" taller and 2" shorter in length. The finish is fantastic. The technology is amazing. The ride is tight and it is very roomy for someone 6'1".

Better than expected
By r atk on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

As the owner of a BMW X5, I was not expecting the quality and performance I got with the new 2011 Cherokee. so far its great! Firm solid ride with better than average ergonomics. best of all its a true all terrain four wheel drive. If it holds up half as well as my trade in, (1993 Laredo 206,000 miles) I will be happy.

2011 Grand Cherokee 5.7
By Pete Clay on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery of our 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ 5.7 Hemi. This is our 7th GC Ltd in a row, beginning with a 1993. It is light years ahead of any of the others we've owned, and we've mostly liked them as they suit our purposes particularly snow driving in ski season up north. I Have a Mercedes S-500 and a Corvette, and this Jeep is finished to a much higher degree than either, both of which i purchased new. The quality and features are superb, and we feel the vehicle is an unbelievable value at an msrp of about $44,000. We were able to buy it better than that and are completely satisfied so far. Did not want the 50 profile tires on the Overland or the 20" wheels, that's why a LTD

Successful Downsize
By MBT on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After four Acura MDX's and less kids living at home, I was looking to downsize. Drove the Audi Q5, Nissan Murano, Acura RDX, as well as a few others. All were either too small or drove like a minivan. I Stopped by the Jeep dealer on a whim and drove the 11 GC. I was pleasantly surprised; Jeep has definitely gotten it right this time. Power is as responsive as our 08 MDX, steering is not as heavy, and ride is quite smooth. Cabin is beautiful with all the right tech features. I would highly recommend shopping the Jeep against all the midsized imports. You will not be disappointed and it certainly is the most bang for your buck!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$112 per month*