2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
First time Jeep owner
By baycouple929 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am active duty military and wanted to purchase a vehicle for my wife. I was set to buy a new GMC Terrain and then a new Ford Explorer. I even heard the AUDI Q5 was nice. I am completely happy that I saw the commercials and read the reviews about the new 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee. What an amazing vehicle. I purchased the overland 4x4 v8 hemi engine. This new Jeep is so smooth to drive and gets great gas mileage for a v8 (21 hwy) the quality and workmanship is Superior to any luxury SUV on the market. Try to even compare a porshe Cayenne s and you would pay so much more for the same features. This Jeep is worth every Penny and much much more. My wife is so happy.

Now that's more like it!
By RchNrg on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 2 Grand Cherokees prior to this one. (1995 and 2000) I had no reliability problems, but Jeep never made substantial improvements. Both of these older vehicles rocked from side to side, and the interior and overall quality left a lot to be desired. My new 2011 V-8 Limited with 20" wheels provides a completely different ride. The leather interior is 1st class (no BMW hard plastic feel) It is so quiet, and feels so solid. The electronics are lots of fun, and the Garmin NAV in the 430N system is great. Although it feels a little large to drive it's pure comfort. (sold my Escape Hyb for the Jeeps towing power) I hate to say it, but except for the mpg there is nothing like a V-8.

Great Ride, Crappy Nav/U Connect
By Q-Zar on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this SUV for a month and a half. It rides great. Not truck like at all. Great exterior and interior. Quality of the interior is the best I've seen and felt. I bought the V6 and it's power is adequate, not great, but not weak either. I personally don't think you need the Hemi unless you want to tow something heavy. My biggest complaint is the Nav/ Uconnect system. The voice recognition poor. You can't type in the phone number you want to call. You can't see a list of your contacts to select via touchscreen. I prefer the nav/computer system in my BMW. Graphics on the Nav is really poor, but I didn't buy it for that, rather it's great ride and off road ability

Second JGC
By Birdfarm on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 2000 w/v8, I knew that they are great all rounders. This new machine blows it out of the water, love the exterior shape along with the Inferno Red, I get lots of thumbs up from other drivers. I wanted another Jeep with the V8 due to towing needs, this 5.7L definitely gets the job done with fairly good fuel economy, having gotten 23 mpg (at 75 mph cruise) on a recent long distance trip. This thing eats miles in superb style, exceedingly comfortable Euro like ride and handling, you're not tired at the end of the ride! Jeep has really knocked this one miles out of the proverbial ballpark, my sister wants one now.

Love My Overland!
By Stacey on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Shopped the new Overland hard against the Lexus GX470 and RX350. Next to the Overland, there was no comparison. The Overland comes equipped with everything! Honestly don't know why anyone would buy a Limited with packages when the car comes in costing more then the Overland and has less features. Had to track this car down to sit in one before ordering mine, and found too many Jeep salesman who did not know as much about the car as I did(having done my HW), and not as much excitement as I felt the car deserves. That said the Jeep line 800- 935-JEEP is FANTASTIC, answered every question I had, clarified salesman misinformation, and were sooo on the ball! This car is a DREAM to own!

Very pleased with this Jeep
By Dmoore on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

love my new grand cherokee. after the test drive i was SOLD! I chose the Laredo "X" package 4X2 which includes the perfect choice of features for those of us that want all of the gadgets without the fluff and bling. kudos to Chrysler for not making the laredo look like a cheap stepchild to the Limited. The V6 is a great engine. Extremely quiet and loaded with low end torque. I'm very pleased with the 19 mpg I'm getting in city driving. That's 3 mpg better than the rating! Ride/handling is very confident and refined. Interior is quiet and the climate system fan is hushed too. Fit, finish, design and quality of interior materials is like higher end luxury vehicles.Chrysler got this one right.

Happy 2011 Jeep GC owner
By JJ on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I got a Laredo 'X' package and could not be happier. In order to get the V8 Hemi on a Laredo you have to get the X package which comes with leather seats, my Gig radio, auto climate control, etc. My only options were the panoramic sunroof and a towing package. The GC has a smooth and very quiet ride. I was driving a Magnum RT with a Hemi and wanted to add 4x4 and towing to the Mercedes inspired ride. The GC has a back seat that is just as roomy and comfortable as the Magnum and has slightly more cargo room in back. I like being off the ground again in an SUV - it just feels safer.

New Jeep - good looking, great ride
By robm66 on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had Jeep for a few days, but put about 200 miles on it today. Driver's seat is super comfortable - firm and supportive. This is my third Jeep in a row and was looking to get Audi or something like that that would be more fun to drive. But this jeep just felt right to me. I think it looks great and so far, it's been a pleasure to drive. Radio is great (Nav/Sirius unit), intuitive to use. Nav is great as it shows you directions on Nav screen and, when hidden, directly in front of you between speedometer and tachometer. Time will tell on build quality and reliability, but I've had good luck so far with the jeeps. Noticed that stepping up into jeep seems higher (I'm 6'1").

Glad to be a Jeep owner again
By Jen on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a 99 Jeep Cherokee and an 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in the past, both were reliable but neither had anything that was extraordinary. I finally left the Jeep world and drove a Dodge Charger RT (with a Hemi) for the past 3 years. I loved the speed and power of the Charger, but missed the capabilities of an SUV. I was about to give up on the Chrysler Group altogether until I heard about the new 2011 JGC. Oh my goodness, its fantastic! Within the first 2 minutes of the test drive I knew I was going to buy it. Jeep has done such a wonderful job in recreating this vehicle. The interior resembles that of any high-end luxury car and the outside looks great too! Love it!

Great SUV!
By BillBatts on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had people stop me in the parking lot and tell me that they used to have a Cherokee in the 90's, and the raw looks of the 2011 will get them back in a new Cherokee. I am absolutely in love with this vehicle! It is 4" wider, 2" taller and 2" shorter in length. The finish is fantastic. The technology is amazing. The ride is tight and it is very roomy for someone 6'1".

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$112 per month*