Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Most Helpful|
great SUV; AC concern
By tenpro

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This GC (2011)s only 8 weeks old, Very fun to drive and very comfortable. Already have 10k miles. Have had Chryslers x5 in the past and made the switch to Jeep. The exterior is amazing, great design and great color. Only one concern, travel alot and have a problem with the AC. Blows high when on low and vice versa without adjusting the settings. Also, on a 19 hr trip, AC stopped for over 5 hrs!! Has been in shop x4---mechanics cannot find problem, Anyone having these problems too? Or solutions?

Favorite Features

Exterior, interior, Smooth ride, Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

AC unit??

Amazing ride but the interior isn't.
By alan93

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I got this used a month ago and am really impressed with the style , performance, size, and fuel economy. The only thing that is mediocre is the drivers cockpit. After selling my old boxy JGC, I almost didn't feel like i had a jeep. This thing rides like a luxury SUV, quiet and smooth. It is bigger than older JGC so it kind of lumbers around corners but the power of the V6 is very impressive. I am getting an astonishing 27 mpg on hiways ( I drive about 70mph but careful to keep the speed steady ). I haven't taken it in the field yet but am wondering if it will be very nimble with its hulking size and heavier weight.

Favorite Features

The enter-n-go with the touch unlock is nice, no more fumbling with the keyfob. You just touch your hand on the latch and it unlocks. Likewise you can lock it with a button touch on the handle. Lighted cup holder, NICE, i was always fumbling for that hole in my old one on dark mornings. The battery is under the passenger seat but you have terminals under the hood for jumper cables. Dual air on this basic model is nice as well. Many of the cars features can be altered using the dash menu and steering wheel selector buttons. Not hard but the terms are not intuitive. Manually shifting of gears for automatic is as easy as a tap to left or right on gear shifter.

Suggested Improvements

The drivers ergonomics are the worst part of this car. The seat seems to be made for a guy who is 6'1" 210 lbs. If you are a guy who is 5'10" or women, you will roll around in the seat. The steering wheel blocks the gauge display unless you move it way up which is in a very uncomfortable position. I once left my brights on but didn't know it because the wheel hides the indicator. Likewise, I can't see the speed gauge past 70 because of the bad view. The power mirrors have a button that you have to hit everytime to select a mirror I wish they had a switch because I would leave it on the left mirror as i adjust it more often. NO 4 WHEEL LOW or mp3 storage on base model, BOOO!

Not all it's hyped up to be...JGC 2012 5.7L Overland 4x4
By jreworld

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my JGC over 2.5 years, and although I enjoy the vehicle most of the time, I cannot recommend it due to it's numerous issues. The front sway bar bushings wore out last month. How is this possible on a relatively new vehicle? This weekend my check engine light came on again and the MDS is not working. I had this happen two years ago, and the end result was a bad cylinder valve that left me without a car for several weeks. If it's the same issue again, I'm done. Going foreign again. I've had more issues with this car than my last 10 vehicles combined. I wanted so much for Jeep to succeed, but even if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Buyer beware.

[non-permissible content removed]
By johnoyed

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

5 time jeep owner, Lease 2011 jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Warning lights start blinking , Hard time starting, rear cam doesn't work. They say its the mother board. Under warranty- Great!!. BUTTTTTTT it will take 2 weeks to get it and they will not give me a free rental. I'm paying lease, insurance, garage on a car that is out of commission for 2 weeks because of warrantied parts and they want me to pay for rental car. So i guess a warranty doesn't mean anything. Last time having a jeep.

Never thought I'd buy Jeep/American...
By m11170

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

...but this Grand Cherokee is THAT good. Excellent design, fit and finish. Very good value for the money in my opinion. We have only owned for 3 weeks so far, but have taken a road trip and found the J GC very comfortable all around. The electronics all work fine, and the ergonomics are well laid-out. The voice recognition system is also very convenient and helps keep the driver's focus on the road where it belongs. We have had to take the J GC in for one issue - 3 days into ownership the airbag light came on. Turns out an airbag sensor in the door became disconnected. Must not have been attached firmly at the Jeep factory in Michigan. Once plugged back in all has been well.

Favorite Features

Suspension, uConnect system, back-up camera, voice recognition, Pentastar v6 motor

Suggested Improvements

Do not understand why driver seat memory does not come on all J GCs that have power seats. This is a very simple switch and it is inconvenient to move seats between my wife and I when we each drive. If my 2000 SAAB Viggen has seat memory, a 2011 J GC should without having to go up to the Limited/Overland trims.