2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Love My Limited
By Sergio on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited a few weeks ago. The dealer experience was great! They did not have the color i wanted but had it transferred from another dealer that day. I have to say i had never thought of a Jeep before but when i saw the new design and then test drove it. I was sold! It is much bigger than previous models, but i love the ride, the handling and the look of the overall cabin. I have always driven luxury cars and have to say that it compares in quality and comfort to those of BMW, Lexus and Audi's.

Thinking Man's MB
By maxie1 on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have roughly 1,500 miles on a Laredo with the 26X package, Trailer Tow Group, Panoramic sunroof, and Off Road Adventure 1 package. Fit and finish seems about as good as previous MBs and BMWs. The driving experience is great with quiet ride and responsive handling for an SUV. Interior materials are (finally) what they should be. Sight-lines seem more limited and the UConnect system is ok, but takes some getting used to. Adaptive transmission needs a better learning algorithm. Very pleased so far and looking forward to driving in the mountains this ski season. Paid $38K for those interested.

Awesome redesign
By beguy on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven about 5,000 miles with no complaint. The vehicle is everything I had hoped. Mileage is almost exactly as promised averaging 20 to 22 for our type of mostly rural driving, the V6 is very smooth and quiet and gets the job done just fine (we dont do any towing). MPG readout is a bit optimistic. Unlike our old CR-V the JGC is quiet enough for front and back seat occupants to carry on a conversation. I like the firmness of the seats though I can understand why some may feel they are too firm. Overall quality is superb with little road noise and no squeaks or rattles.

Needs to be redesigned
By Beauregard56 on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought mine in July. I have 7000 miles. Poor Gas mileage, Front drivers seat is uncomfortable, U Connect does not work good,Satellite radio fades in and out when you go under trees limbs. Overall I wish I had not bought the vehicle, I definitely would not recommend anyone else buying one. I am planning on getting rid of mine as soon as possible. You cannot even go 35 miles per hour with the windows open because of the rear Thumping noise from the rear window. The standard wheels might as well be steel black rims, at least they would look good manufacturers stop trying to fool the American public and stop trying to be so cheap

First time Jeep owner and love it!
By baycouple929 on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

How do you begin to describe such a refined and magnificent vehicle? I will start by saying that the engineers finally have outdone themselves on this one. I purchased the Overland 4X4 model for my wife with the V-8 engine and every single option under the sun. The ride is completely amazing as well as the flawless detail of the leather interior. The outside rode noise is nonexistent even driving next to a semi truck. The heated and vented seats are thoroughly enjoyable as well as the lumbar support. Fuel economy is very good considering the V-8 (20 MPG HWY). Try comparing the vehicle with a Porsche Cayenne S with the same options and you would pay MUCH MORE! My wife LOVES it.

The Rolls Royce of SUV's
By Steve on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 2 Chevy Trailblazers, a Durango, and a Ford Explorer and the Grand Cherokee is in a class all by its self. The total quality of the vehicle is very impressive. The instant we got in one I could see it was head and shoulders above anything I had owned so far. The Trailblazer I had was a SS with the 390 HP Corvette engine. The Jeep has the 5.7 hemi with slightly less power but the quality is so much better in every respect. I never expected this good a ride from an SUV.

Great Ride!
By Jim J on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a ram truck on the Laredo with the leather and hemi engine. Edmunds does not list the hemi engine in the review drop down menu for some reason, you listening edmunds? With the hemi it flat out moves..quickly. Of course gas mileage is terrible but I knew that trading from a hemi truck. Quality seems good so far but I only have 800 miles on it. The Cherokee is not a very large vehicle, I wish it was just a tad bit larger but it has good drivability. If you can afford it get the quadra lift and 20 inch wheels and quadra drive for better function and driving.

First time Jeep owner
By baycouple929 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am active duty military and wanted to purchase a vehicle for my wife. I was set to buy a new GMC Terrain and then a new Ford Explorer. I even heard the AUDI Q5 was nice. I am completely happy that I saw the commercials and read the reviews about the new 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee. What an amazing vehicle. I purchased the overland 4x4 v8 hemi engine. This new Jeep is so smooth to drive and gets great gas mileage for a v8 (21 hwy) the quality and workmanship is Superior to any luxury SUV on the market. Try to even compare a porshe Cayenne s and you would pay so much more for the same features. This Jeep is worth every Penny and much much more. My wife is so happy.

Now that's more like it!
By RchNrg on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 2 Grand Cherokees prior to this one. (1995 and 2000) I had no reliability problems, but Jeep never made substantial improvements. Both of these older vehicles rocked from side to side, and the interior and overall quality left a lot to be desired. My new 2011 V-8 Limited with 20" wheels provides a completely different ride. The leather interior is 1st class (no BMW hard plastic feel) It is so quiet, and feels so solid. The electronics are lots of fun, and the Garmin NAV in the 430N system is great. Although it feels a little large to drive it's pure comfort. (sold my Escape Hyb for the Jeeps towing power) I hate to say it, but except for the mpg there is nothing like a V-8.

Great Ride, Crappy Nav/U Connect
By Q-Zar on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this SUV for a month and a half. It rides great. Not truck like at all. Great exterior and interior. Quality of the interior is the best I've seen and felt. I bought the V6 and it's power is adequate, not great, but not weak either. I personally don't think you need the Hemi unless you want to tow something heavy. My biggest complaint is the Nav/ Uconnect system. The voice recognition poor. You can't type in the phone number you want to call. You can't see a list of your contacts to select via touchscreen. I prefer the nav/computer system in my BMW. Graphics on the Nav is really poor, but I didn't buy it for that, rather it's great ride and off road ability

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$112 per month*