2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Very Nice!
By rrhoad on 02/10/11 21:28 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up my 2011 Mineral Gray with Black interior Overland 3.6 Liter six cylinder (4x4). Traded in my 2010 Limited with Hemi. Was worried I would really miss the Hemi. The 90 mile drive home diffused the worries. Plenty of power and very quiet. A completely different ride then the 2010. Less choppy and more comfortable all around. Will report later as I have a chance to experience in more detail.

Got me home thru a blizzard
By bobt6 on 01/22/11 06:38 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I recently flew to Boston from Philly on a business trip and was snowed in under 24+ inches of snow. My plane was cancelled and then my backup Amtrak train was cancelled as well. It was my birthday and I was hell bent on getting home. I rented a new JGC from a car rental agency and drove home in just over 6 hours. The Jeep performed flawlessly - I was driving 50-60 mph on highways covered in 6+ inches of snow and occasional 2 foot snow drifts on exit ramps and side roads. This thing drives like a tank in the snow. I like it so much I bought one two days later. I love the ride, the interior fit and finish, and the new body style.

love it
By sprtsphntc on 01/18/11 14:44 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

came out of a 2000 expedition.wow, what a difference on so many levels. 1st, expdt. was very comfortable, but other than that, car gave me too many problems. jgc is awesome, love everything about it. handling, comfort and all the technology!!! everything is where it should be and lots of great features. upgraded to x package with all weather package which gave me a sunroof, quadtrac II, daytime running lght, h.d. rubber mats (got carpet ones too, free).and some other goodies. got the navi. works good. stereo is awesome and already had some snow and ice in philly and handled excellent. different than exped. compared it to 4runner, edge and mdx and liked this the best!!

Its a truck!
By contino on 01/15/11 19:05 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a car car critic since I was 16, or 32 years...One thing I can tell you it's very sharp, inside and out. It's great in the snow, fuel economy with the V 6 ok, the stereo system sounds good, but FM reception is not great, even with local stations. What's not great: the ride is a not like a Toyota Highlander, Ford Explorer or Lincoln Aviator which I have owned, but its much better then a new Toyota 4 Runner. Steering is good under 65 mph, over that it's not secure, its feels like a boat with many steering adjustments which gets frustrating after an hour of driving. Also, lane changes over 65 are very floaty. The worst thing is the seats, very hard and you feel the bumps.

Love it!
By mwar99 on 01/09/11 18:38 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had the Overland V8 for a couple of days, but I love it. Got the mineral gray with the saddle leather interior. Best color combination out there. Jeep has done a wonderful job with the new Grand Cherokee. The interior feels like a luxury vehicle. Had a Range Rover Sport until August when the lease was up. I was shopping the LR4, but with the new Grand Cherokee I couldn't justify the price difference. Couldn't justify the maintenance price difference also.

BMW No More
By lighthammer on 01/06/11 17:13 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle loves to be thrown into hard turns at speed. Very composed. The new wider track and longer wheelbase give it a smooth ride. Quiet cabin at 70 mph. Feels solid and comfortable. Exterior manages to look tough and sophisticated at the same time. As good as my old BMW X5 but much less expensive.much less expensive.

Jeep Really Nailed It!
By chigirlintexas on 01/02/11 01:05 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We got the V-8 Overland. Had a 08 which we loved but this one blows it away. Test drove an Edge, Murano, CX-7, but nothing came close. The engine is quick and smooth, it rides quiet even on the highway. The interior cabin is as luxurious as anything you could imagine or want. Ambient lighting around cup holders, door handles, etc. make for thoughtful touches. The wood and leather are gorgeous and the technology is all you need-including a hookup for your iPod that allows you to use the steering wheel controls to change songs, etc. The features and quality compare with vehicles costing $20K more. Drive one--if you can find one. It took my dealer a lot of looking to get me mine.

Fantastic vehicle
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Love this vehicle. The interior is amazing. High end luxury is a capable off road vehicle. They got this one right.

2011 Grand Cherokee Hemi 4x4
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We previously bought a GMC Terrain but it was not as good overall as this Grand Cherokee with the Hemi, and I'm not talking just pure power. The Terrain's fuel was OK but dropped to 24mpg highway when fully loaded for trips. The Grand Cherokee, 4x4 with Hemi, is giving us 21mpg. I'll take Hemi and 7000 pound towing (twice the Terrain) for not much more money thank you very much. The interior is another league compared to others. It's roomy, comfortable and the ride is unbelievable - this is a Jeep? Very comfortable for us in all seasons in the midwest. At 3000 miles we changed the oil to Mobil-1 and are easily towing our camper ~3000 pounds that the Terrain couldnt. Grand Cherokee A+!

Love this car
By Leesburg Guy on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second GC (had an early 1992) and my most recent SUV was a MB ML 430. I have had a range of cars in my life (Peugeot, Jaguar, two MBs, and a number of Big 3 vehicles). I am semi-retired and don't drive a great deal and my ML had only 90,000 miles. I liked that car but love this one. Extremely solid, very comfortable, well equipped. Love the seats (the previous rater who gave comfort a 1 must have a butt the size of Texas). MBs, Jags and particularly Peugeots all have great seats and the Jeep is every bit as good. The ride is great so something good came out of Daimler's little money dump into the US. I consider this to be a Jeep refined (not designed) in Stuttgart.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in NJ is:

$189 per month*