Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Never thought I'd buy Jeep/American...
By m11170

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

...but this Grand Cherokee is THAT good. Excellent design, fit and finish. Very good value for the money in my opinion. We have only owned for 3 weeks so far, but have taken a road trip and found the J GC very comfortable all around. The electronics all work fine, and the ergonomics are well laid-out. The voice recognition system is also very convenient and helps keep the driver's focus on the road where it belongs. We have had to take the J GC in for one issue - 3 days into ownership the airbag light came on. Turns out an airbag sensor in the door became disconnected. Must not have been attached firmly at the Jeep factory in Michigan. Once plugged back in all has been well.

Favorite Features

Suspension, uConnect system, back-up camera, voice recognition, Pentastar v6 motor

Suggested Improvements

Do not understand why driver seat memory does not come on all J GCs that have power seats. This is a very simple switch and it is inconvenient to move seats between my wife and I when we each drive. If my 2000 SAAB Viggen has seat memory, a 2011 J GC should without having to go up to the Limited/Overland trims.

great SUV; AC concern
By tenpro

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This GC (2011)s only 8 weeks old, Very fun to drive and very comfortable. Already have 10k miles. Have had Chryslers x5 in the past and made the switch to Jeep. The exterior is amazing, great design and great color. Only one concern, travel alot and have a problem with the AC. Blows high when on low and vice versa without adjusting the settings. Also, on a 19 hr trip, AC stopped for over 5 hrs!! Has been in shop x4---mechanics cannot find problem, Anyone having these problems too? Or solutions?

Favorite Features

Exterior, interior, Smooth ride, Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

AC unit??

Pleasantly Surprised
By alabamaabby

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We researched many vehicles before buying our 2011 JGC in Nov 2010. It is beautiful inside & out. Comfy seats with great adjustablity on the driver's side, lots of legroom, responsive & adjustable steering, large cargo area, very quiet, smooth ride, & good gas mileage. We came from a Toyota Tacoma that got 19 mpg no matter. Our JGC gets 18 to 20 city & 24 hwy. We have had no mechanical issues at all & we are at 10K miles. My only gripe is with the auto transmission. It is just plain weird. I mainly drive the Jeep & I still am not used to the way that it shifts. My husband has no problem with it. I don't feel the weirdness when riding as a passenger. Very happy with our choice!

Favorite Features

Large cargo area,quiet smooth ride, adjustable driver's seat, adjustable steering.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission--Make it Better!!

2011 Jeep Overland - BEST IN CLASS
By scpharmacist

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2011 Jeep Overland 4X4 in June. Now this is one great car! The stone white exterior with saddle brown interior design make it a standout. Very impressed with the quality of design and features. It came with 20 inch Goodyear Fortera tires and accident avoidance system, parking assistance, collision avoidance cruze control, on board navagation and Sirius FM. The chrome group and full view sunroof are an added value. Jeep really redesigned this car. Looked at competition for months before I decided this car was for me. No regrets at all.

Favorite Features

Unique Design, Accident Avoidance System, 20 inch alloy tires, Navigation and Parkng Assistance. Style. Comfort. Performance. Love the Overland's specialty steering wheel with cumtom crafted real wood detail. This is one fun car to drive and has great fuel economy for a SUV this size. It is with safety in mind without compromise in comfort. Did I mention, heated seats and air cooling seats? Too many favorites to mention.

Suggested Improvements

Don't change anything.

Opinion Is Still Being Formed
By cody34

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased early May 2011. Have over 7000 km. Drove over 2000 km for 2 wks from Calgary to Vancouver, thru Rocky Mtns & other high Mtn Rgs. 4 adults, lots of room in back seat. Ride was very smooth. Con: 1)When passing vehicles on hwy, p/u bogs down, then zooms fwd. Previous Toyota 4-Runner p/u was smooth & quick, even when passing uphill in mtns. 2)Cruise control: sets 1 km above or below where you want it; when pressing +/- it increases/decreases 3 km, never 1 km; 28 km of construction, speed limit 50 km, dbl fines if over. I set cruise at 50, it set at 51 km, then fluctated up/down as much as 7 km. 4-Runr accurate & maintains set speed downhill/uphill, zero fluctuation. Good on gas.

Favorite Features

Dual A/C controls, heated seats, headlights dim automatically from bright when headlights detected ahead. Downfall to this is sometimes the headlights are way off in the distance, and lights dim too soon. Pitch black driving roads without street lights. 4-Runner showed Range for km/mi remaining before running out of gas. It was a handy feature, that I because accustom to having, and I sure miss it. JEEP should add to vehicle. It would be my favorite feature!

Suggested Improvements

U-connect voice command doesn't work, if you say a name it asks if you said #384 or something. Cruise control s/b more precise, & not fluctuate at all. Pickup when passing s/b more smooth, no bogging down for 1 - 2 seconds, feeling like its about to stall. Odometer, trip setting requires you press arrow key on steering wheel, then read tiny instructions where speed s/b, to press keys 2-3 times. Dangerous when driving! 4-Run simple, just press Trip A or Trip B or Odometer. I like digital speed in front, it disappears for various reasons. Should be separate form other functions. Too much on front screen. Keep it simple. Gas gage doesn't show Range (km/mi remaining) before you run out.