Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

So far, so good!
By m11171

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our trusty 2002 4Runner with a 2011 JGC Laredo. Closing in on 3K miles at this point, so have spent enough time to provide an early review. First, we did need to bring the Jeep back to the dealer a few days after driving it off the lot b/c an airbag light came on. Turns out a sensor in the door came loose. That was inconvenient but so far the only issue we had - dealer took care of it under warranty. Wife and I love the exterior styling and interior quality. I never would have considered buying a JEEP/Chrysler product before this...the JGC is that good. VERY comfortable, V-6 isn't fast, but isn't slow, either. All around excellent vehicle.

Interior comfort, design, fit and finish, attractive exterior lines, Pentastar V-6, Stereo system, ride & handling, safety features

memory seating setting should come standard on all power seats, backup camera system should show trajectory

Die Hard Jeep fan driven away from Jeep, by Jeep
By bboston1724

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great car let down by crappy components. When will Chrysler get it? The car was in the shop for almost a month. Dealer recommended having it bought back, but I just traded it in for a BMW. The transfercase failed, which was replaced and then had all sorts of driveline problems as a result. Rear shock failed, and brakes were warped by 7500 miles. The last 100 miles was just driving it back and forth to the dealer for problems. I'm disappointed as a former die hard Jeep fan, that was my 7th and probably last Jeep. The dealer and Chrysler did little to keep me happy.

Air Suspension, ventilated seats, sumptuous interior, great looks, convenient features.

Reliability, durability, customer service, and dealer service.

2011 Laredo X 4X4- perfect vehicle!!!
By dmaccioc

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 3-series after realizing it wasn't as practical as I needed it to be. I haven't missed the 3 at all since getting the Grand Cherokee. The Jeep is about 5x more comfortable, with plenty of space for my 6'4" frame. Never having owned an American car before, I was blown away by the build quality, comfort, ride, and complete absence of noise, vibration, and harshness. I did not buy this to drive fast and the V6 has enough overall power, though there are times when you can feel that it's moving such a heavy vehicle. Best highway mileage has been 23.8, not bad with less than 900 miles and 2 adults/cargo/ac doing 80mph!

Comfortable seats, great visibility, interior lighting, keyless entry, touch screen nav (as opposed to my 3's dial), nice open sunroof, ride height one of the highest in it's class, one year of Sirius radio, strong stereo. Nice engine note in the V6.

Auto wipers as part of Laredo X, nav addresses entered when in drive. Change holder hidden somewhere? Minor complaints, obviously!

Problems
By nuerny

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car new and it's been in for service more than it's been on the road. I've had electrical problems with the headlights and interior lights flickering. The seat belt warning light and chime going on and off intermittently and the dealer can't find any problems. Now I'm having starting issues. I'm sorry I purchased this vehicle. Jeep service is terrible!

Better service to customers.

A dream come true
By n0riebel

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The new GC sure lived up to all the hype, at least in our opinion. Jeep designers really listened to all the suggestions that customers had to offer, making this a best buy. We chose the Limited with the upgraded NAV and Tow Package. The Panoramic Sunroof is my wife's favorite feature of the new Jeep. The ride is superb, noise levels inside are significantly lower than anything in it's class (that we could find). A normal conversation can be held while traveling at highway speeds. We average 24mpg highway @ 70mph, 19.5mpg city- of course this will get better once the vehicle breaks-in. 1800miles and only a small issue with compatibility with our iPhones & the USB plug in the console.

Panoramic Sunroof Satellite Radio/ NAV High Stance/ Profile Plenty of leg room in front & rear seats Nice choice of materials with the interior Great aftermarket- Mopar/Jeep Slush Mats

Capability to download updates ourself- Phone software compatibility