2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Best car I have ever owned but...
By billybatts on 04/23/11 17:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Looks sharp, rides like a dream, interior/exterior are fantastic. I have received compliments from people in parking lots who had Jeep GC's in the early 2000's/90's tell me that the new design will bring them back.

Brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
By fbj1445 on 04/03/11 19:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just picked up a JGC Overland with the V-8 3 days ago in Stone white with black interior and I must say that I am very,very impressed ! It drives and handles better than I expected. The interior is simple the best I've seen compared to others. The quality and workmanship shows in every detail from the hand stitched top dash, the real wood trimmings and steering wheel, to the leather seats with light grey piping. Don't think you'll get anything better for the money! Especially for what it can do off-road. The overland edition is the way to go if your looking for Luxury and off-road capabilty to the fullest. Also get the V-8, its well worth the extra money!

Best GC Ever and I should know!
By jimbof60 on 04/03/11 06:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th GC and is simply the best!!! And for all you suv owners who's cars have never left the pavement, as I have done with all my Jeeps, this one will be hitting the beach dune trails this summer...

Cannot recommend because of reliability problems
By eugenet on 04/02/11 13:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Rides and handles well. High quality interior. New Pentastar V6 is reasonably peppy and fuel efficient. On the other hand... Many unresolved quality control problems and Chrysler/Jeep has been stonewalling us.

Splish Splash (The Sloshing Noise)
By mtepper on 04/01/11 00:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nice quiet ride with very little road noice. Solid feel and actual communcative steering feel! Comfortable front seats. Went on a Road trip from LA to SF and got 25 MPG!

Sold garbage V8 after 3,900 miles
By chadrod99 on 03/29/11 20:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot begin to tell you what a complete pile of trash this car is. Hey V8 owners, check your oil? I was burning over a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. Chrysler's answer? It's "normal". Are you kidding me??? Quote: "Let the engine build up some sludge and the oil burning might slow down." The transmission and drive by wire lag is completely unacceptable. A Hemi with that much HP should not get it's arse handed to it from my 2005 GX470. Quote: "That's adaptive learning for optimum fuel economy." My MPG? 13. The Radio button on the stereo would not tune to presets no matter how you touched it. Quote: "It's just sensitive, you have to live with it." Um, *expletive* you!

One Month Old
By dclawyer1 on 03/28/11 10:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 Grand Cherokee one month ago. I have the V8 - Overland Edition, Black, w/ Saddlle/Black interior. So far no problems. The V8 has lots fo power and tourque. Interior in comfortable, no issues. Having traded in my Lexus ES 350 for this vehicle, I miss a few minor things. The NAV doesn't automatically change from day to night lighting and it takes three steps on the menu to change it. A bit of a pain and at night it's definately too bright. Also, the keyless unlock often taken a few seconds to unblock. My Lexus unlocked any door instantly. On the Jeep it onlu unlocked the driver door and I usually havew to hold my hand their for 3 seconds or so before it unlock

Night and Day
By ratchet1 on 03/26/11 04:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 2009 Grand Cherokee with LUX Pkg, 3.7 Ltr eng for 2011 Laredo E w/tow pkg and 3.6 ltr eng. More equipment now is standard and the eng blows away the 3.7 noisey, slow, fuel thirsty engine. The ride is night and day different with the fully independent rear suspension. The quietness of driving 80 MPH down an interstate and hear yourself THINKING is unbelievable for an off road type vehicle. Dealer gave good discount upon purchase. Drove Ford Edge Limited and did not like the fact of FWD versus RWD when needing tow power. Edge is limited to 3500 lbs,Jeep tows 5000lbs. Ford would not budge on price either!

First Drive Review
By beantown617 on 03/13/11 14:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for a few days. That's why I only gave 'Reliability' a '3'. Time will tell in that category. The Jeep is fun to drive. The acceleration is good not great. I don't understand when people make comments about poor acceleration for quick passing on the highway or slight body lean if you corner to fast. If you're trying to do either of these things then you shouldn't be looking for an SUV. The V6 is good enough for most unless, you tow, need a lot of acceleration for off-roading or carry around a large family with the cargo area full. I will update this after I've driven for a few months...

good not great
By dummy1234 on 02/15/11 16:31 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

great size,rear wheel drive but 3.6 does not have quite enough torque - as most v6's go. nice ride but for a new engine needs better gas mileage. meaning 6 speed transmission. i guess the 24 gal fuel tank will give range but at the pump $80 is steep for a fill up?? and price is very steep for upgrades.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$112 per month*