4 weeks and 4300 miles....great vehicle!
By capt_flounder on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my Limited with Hemi about a month ago and promptly moved coast to coast. It is a comfortable, well equipped SUV and our first new vehicle in 17 years. We drove the LR2/4, Q5, XC60/90 and ML350 before buying the Jeep. The Jeep has the ride of the Germans, the Offroad capability of the British and the styling of the Americans. Without a doubt, the best capability/performance/value out there today. After a week and 2800 miles, I know we picked a winner.
Favorite Features
- Ride. Firm without being harsh. Great driving vehicle, especially considering the ride height and weight which don't usually help. - Features. There are some hidden surprises here! Towing a 4x8 trailer in very strong winds I realized that the vehicle was not being blown around. The stability control and anti-sway logic is simply amazing. - Appearance. I have the blackberry pearl and when clean it looks simply amazing. Other drivers notice. - Giant sunroof. The panaromic sunroof totally changes the interior. - EVIC. I like the ability to monitor temperatures, especially when towing. The interface is a little cumbersome especially for the trip odometer but still a nice feature.
Suggested Improvements
- More speeds the in transmission. Although the 5 speed works fine, a few more speeds would help mileage and performance. - Speaking of, mileage is about what you'd expect although I was pleasantly surprised on flat terrain. You can beat the estimates, but you have to drive like you're driving a hybrid to get the ECO light to come on (cylinder deactivation) - iPod interface is not very good. Starting over each time you select something is awkward. - Give me printed user/owner manuals! I like the owner manual app, but please don't make us call/write to get the full blown version. The internet is not going to help me if I'm on the side of the road.