2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
My overland.
By wbastidas on 12/30/11 08:42 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a 2011 Overland loaded! I used to be so proud of my Jeep and would brag about it to everyone. Not anymore! So far the truck has been back to the dealer five times… thank god not for mechanical failures (so far) but for cosmetic reason. After owning several Jeeps, I wanted some luxury, style and of course towing capacity. So after looking into the X5, Lexus 350 and the Expedition…I chose my Overland, boy do I regret my decision!!! The overland is fun to drive, slick looking and just all around FUN. The problem is how the inside of the Jeep was done and how bad the materials used inside are wearing down in such a small period of time. The dash board had to be replaced because th

great 4 x 4
By reber1 on 12/06/11 21:12 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my new jeep because I wanted a vehicle to match my lifestyle. It replaced my 93 GC. I liked it so mutch i had to have a new one. So far at 19,000 miles i am impressed. It has impressive power (5.7 Hemi), awsome off-road ability, and handles pavement like a sedan. To date no issues what so ever. I would suggest though if you drive a lot on gravel get the optional mudflaps. I am not a mudflap fan, but due to the flare of the rear doors and fender wells they will catch a lot of debris with out them.

I love my first jeep
By contino on 10/26/11 19:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This suv is great, its tough but gentle, quite,and elegant, its the sharpest vehicle out there for the money. At 15000 thousand miles, only one problem with it, a simple wheel alignment when first purchased.The v6 is a solid power plant, after 7000 thousand miles I've seen the gas mileage at 25 highway and 16 to 18 city, not bad for a vehicle with a 4 wheel drive system and 5 thousand pounds of steel. Sure the engine is not the fastest, but its moves the Jeep with respect, I could live with that at the pump. Can't wait for snow again...

This Is Jeep's Finest Hour!
By tucsonguy2 on 10/23/11 10:12 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this Overland V8 Hemi for nearly 2 months now, and I am still just as impressed as the day I bought it. This is a quiet, strong, well-behaved, high-quality vehicle that is loaded with amenities like heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning, and much more. The interior is very nice, and this vehicle can hold its own against any of the higher-priced luxury brand SUVs from Germany and Japan. I have owned a number of Grand Cherokees in the past, but this one is clearly a cut above past models... perhaps they should have called it the Grand Slam, because that's what they have hit! This is one beautiful vechicle that I am proud to own.

Jeepgirl has bought her last Jeep :-(
By jeepgirl712 on 10/17/11 16:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th and last Jeep. I have love all my other ones, but this new 2011 is not the same. I went from the V8 Hemi to the new Penstar V6. The MPG are much better, however it is loud and sounds like its in the wrong gear. sometimes i think it might blow up. I have had trouble with the bluetooth it just stops working. they don't know why. the remote start is not always working either. It just does not handle as smooth as my 2005. The power seats do not tilt down in the front like the older Jeeps. I need that to keep the seat from cutting into the back of my legs. sometime change is not for the best.

So far, so good!
By m11171 on 10/02/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our trusty 2002 4Runner with a 2011 JGC Laredo. Closing in on 3K miles at this point, so have spent enough time to provide an early review. First, we did need to bring the Jeep back to the dealer a few days after driving it off the lot b/c an airbag light came on. Turns out a sensor in the door came loose. That was inconvenient but so far the only issue we had - dealer took care of it under warranty. Wife and I love the exterior styling and interior quality. I never would have considered buying a JEEP/Chrysler product before this...the JGC is that good. VERY comfortable, V-6 isn't fast, but isn't slow, either. All around excellent vehicle.

Die Hard Jeep fan driven away from Jeep, by Jeep
By bboston1724 on 09/21/11 10:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great car let down by crappy components. When will Chrysler get it? The car was in the shop for almost a month. Dealer recommended having it bought back, but I just traded it in for a BMW. The transfercase failed, which was replaced and then had all sorts of driveline problems as a result. Rear shock failed, and brakes were warped by 7500 miles. The last 100 miles was just driving it back and forth to the dealer for problems. I'm disappointed as a former die hard Jeep fan, that was my 7th and probably last Jeep. The dealer and Chrysler did little to keep me happy.

2011 Laredo X 4X4- perfect vehicle!!!
By dmaccioc on 09/11/11 15:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 3-series after realizing it wasn't as practical as I needed it to be. I haven't missed the 3 at all since getting the Grand Cherokee. The Jeep is about 5x more comfortable, with plenty of space for my 6'4" frame. Never having owned an American car before, I was blown away by the build quality, comfort, ride, and complete absence of noise, vibration, and harshness. I did not buy this to drive fast and the V6 has enough overall power, though there are times when you can feel that it's moving such a heavy vehicle. Best highway mileage has been 23.8, not bad with less than 900 miles and 2 adults/cargo/ac doing 80mph!

Problems
By nuerny on 09/10/11 11:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car new and it's been in for service more than it's been on the road. I've had electrical problems with the headlights and interior lights flickering. The seat belt warning light and chime going on and off intermittently and the dealer can't find any problems. Now I'm having starting issues. I'm sorry I purchased this vehicle. Jeep service is terrible!

A dream come true
By n0riebel on 08/30/11 16:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The new GC sure lived up to all the hype, at least in our opinion. Jeep designers really listened to all the suggestions that customers had to offer, making this a best buy. We chose the Limited with the upgraded NAV and Tow Package. The Panoramic Sunroof is my wife's favorite feature of the new Jeep. The ride is superb, noise levels inside are significantly lower than anything in it's class (that we could find). A normal conversation can be held while traveling at highway speeds. We average 24mpg highway @ 70mph, 19.5mpg city- of course this will get better once the vehicle breaks-in. 1800miles and only a small issue with compatibility with our iPhones & the USB plug in the console.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$112 per month*