2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: 2011 Laredo X 4X4- perfect veh

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

2011 Laredo X 4X4- perfect vehicle!!!
By dmaccioc on

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 3-series after realizing it wasn't as practical as I needed it to be. I haven't missed the 3 at all since getting the Grand Cherokee. The Jeep is about 5x more comfortable, with plenty of space for my 6'4" frame. Never having owned an American car before, I was blown away by the build quality, comfort, ride, and complete absence of noise, vibration, and harshness. I did not buy this to drive fast and the V6 has enough overall power, though there are times when you can feel that it's moving such a heavy vehicle. Best highway mileage has been 23.8, not bad with less than 900 miles and 2 adults/cargo/ac doing 80mph!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, great visibility, interior lighting, keyless entry, touch screen nav (as opposed to my 3's dial), nice open sunroof, ride height one of the highest in it's class, one year of Sirius radio, strong stereo. Nice engine note in the V6.

Suggested Improvements

Auto wipers as part of Laredo X, nav addresses entered when in drive. Change holder hidden somewhere? Minor complaints, obviously!