Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

First Drive Review
By beantown617

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for a few days. That's why I only gave 'Reliability' a '3'. Time will tell in that category. The Jeep is fun to drive. The acceleration is good not great. I don't understand when people make comments about poor acceleration for quick passing on the highway or slight body lean if you corner to fast. If you're trying to do either of these things then you shouldn't be looking for an SUV. The V6 is good enough for most unless, you tow, need a lot of acceleration for off-roading or carry around a large family with the cargo area full. I will update this after I've driven for a few months...

Favorite Features

The Exterior and Interior look sharp. Keyless Entry and Go. Luxury Group Package. Ton of safety features. 20" Wheels

Suggested Improvements

The Uconnect/Touchscreen/Navigation all looks a little outdated. Also, the voice activated dialing needs a little work! I know this is nit-picking but they could've done a better job with the middle console/gearshift area. There's no place to put your cellphone or any change you have. Also, I'm not sure if it's the E-Brake or the Hood Release but it's a little big and is kinda in the way.

good not great
By dummy1234

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

great size,rear wheel drive but 3.6 does not have quite enough torque - as most v6's go. nice ride but for a new engine needs better gas mileage. meaning 6 speed transmission. i guess the 24 gal fuel tank will give range but at the pump $80 is steep for a fill up?? and price is very steep for upgrades.

Favorite Features

size,rear wheel drive.

worst vehicle I ever bought
By tkesteloot

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The ride was super, the looks super, power was ok, my problem with the V-6 was that standing still or driving there was a constant vibration in both the steering wheel and the floor. Jeep could not fix the problem and it became so iritating that with less than 1000 miles on it, I ended up trading it for a Dodge at a huge loss of money. Would not recoment the V-6 to anyone. Drove two other Jeeps with the V-6 and they also vibrated, the floor and the steering wheel and one of the two the shift lever was also vibrating.

Favorite Features

The ride was great, no problem there and the power with the V-6 was ok, but the constan vibration on one long trip was making my left foot go numb. Would not recomend this car with the V-6 to anyone and as I said, there was no fix for the vibration problem.

Suggested Improvements

They need to change the engine motor mounts to try and dampen the vibrations of the engine at least that was what two mechanics told me off the record at two different Jeep dealerships. Also, my wife and everyone else who rode in the Jeep felt the vibrations as well.

Very Nice!
By rrhoad

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up my 2011 Mineral Gray with Black interior Overland 3.6 Liter six cylinder (4x4). Traded in my 2010 Limited with Hemi. Was worried I would really miss the Hemi. The 90 mile drive home diffused the worries. Plenty of power and very quiet. A completely different ride then the 2010. Less choppy and more comfortable all around. Will report later as I have a chance to experience in more detail.

Favorite Features

Ride height adjustment. Panoramic Sunroof. Ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

None at this point.

Got me home thru a blizzard
By bobt6

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I recently flew to Boston from Philly on a business trip and was snowed in under 24+ inches of snow. My plane was cancelled and then my backup Amtrak train was cancelled as well. It was my birthday and I was hell bent on getting home. I rented a new JGC from a car rental agency and drove home in just over 6 hours. The Jeep performed flawlessly - I was driving 50-60 mph on highways covered in 6+ inches of snow and occasional 2 foot snow drifts on exit ramps and side roads. This thing drives like a tank in the snow. I like it so much I bought one two days later. I love the ride, the interior fit and finish, and the new body style.

Favorite Features

Rugged body style, quality of interior, ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel economy