2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Very Pleased
By Beth on 08/02/10 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Test Drove 4Runner, Pathfinder, and Explorer. This one outclassed all the others in all categories. Only things missing blind spot warning and adaptive cruise control.

Good
By Jennifer on 08/02/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

All in all this car was very nicely finished. My only complaint would be the steering wheel, which looks kinda awkward. Besides that this car is ideal.

Impressed
By Mark Hanlon on 08/02/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in Gl350 Blue Tec for this and glad I did. Much better all around. Gas mileage isn't bad, but my GL got 26 and is a much bigger car.

Very Nice
By Betty H on 08/02/10 08:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it last week and very happy. Took it from Florida to Virginia and had ample passing power on the highway and performed flawlessly in the Mountains. Seats are very supportive and comfortable. It's hard to believe this is a body-on frame SUV telling by the ride.

Excellent
By Zach on 08/02/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have never owned a better vehicle, simply because there isn't. Went out and test drove G55 AMG, LR4, Land Cruiser, Range Rover, and Range Rover Sport. Non-of them were civilized on road and lacked true-off road capability, particularly the LR4. Almost jumped on the Benz when I drove by the jeep dealer. There it was, sitting up high on display. Did a U- turn and drove in with a Lexus Gx 460 and drove out with the jeep. It may lack the prestige, but was by far the most car-like on road and capable off. Its also nice to be driving American.

Jeep with Mercedes influence
By MBnewby on 08/01/10 21:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought a new 2011 Jeep GC Limited Overland 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi V8. I had read a lot of rave reviews so we had to see for ourselves and this truck is as close to perfection as it gets!!! Forget it's a Jeep and you will think your sitting in and driving a Mercedes ML or GL, probably because Mercedes-Benz helped design this new Jeep GC before they cut ties with Chrysler. Design, materials, build quality, ride quality, etc. are on par or better than all other luxury SUVs most costing much more than this new Jeep. This truly feels like a 50-60 grand vehicle but we got it in the low $40K range. If all new Chrysler products follow this new Jeep's lead they will be around for years.

Range Rover Worthy! Worth EVERY Penny.
By 4WHEELER on 07/31/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2011 JGC Overland is the best vehicle I have ever driven. The ride, handling, interior refinement, exterior detail, paint luster, amenities and performance are unsurpassed. First rate materials inside and out! The pearl-coat paint is suburb. Rich authentic interior wood accents; sumptuous leather seating areas, dashboard surfaces and door trimmings are unheard of in such an affordable vehicle; and the contrasting color carpeting is gorgeous, appropriately tough and pleasant on one's feet. Everything rivals the costlier Range Rover. The large panoramic sunroof lights up the high quality interior whether opened for fresh air or closed. The sunshade is smooth to operate when need be. Sharp!

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
By GC on 07/29/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking at the Pathfinder and 4runner when I ran into the 2011 GC. Test drove the truck and fell in love. Hands down you can't beat the price for what is included inside. Drove both the V6 and V8 and thought the V6 was adequate and better on the gas. I would recommend the V8 if you want to fly. Went with the 26X package with the panoramic sunroof. Amazing. This car will be with me for a while. Well done Detroit.

Great Vehicle
By PB on 07/27/10 05:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I researched vehicles for about a year. I was really excited about the new Ford Explorer, as we are a Ford family, but we needed a new vehicle sooner than "Winter 2011" as the Ford site shows. I have always loved the Jeep Cherokee's looks, but never considered purchasing based on the sparse utilitarian interior and rough ride. The new design puts all of that behind it. Beautiful interior, stylish exterior, smooth (Mercedes ML) ride, and respectable price ($36,675 for the Laredo X 4x2), make for a great formula. I do believe that the days of Japanese and European vehicles being superior to American products are over. Nice going, Jeep.

First Impressions
By Jim C on 07/26/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up the new jeep and took it on a trip to northern Michigan. It is a wonderful SUV and everything is better then the previous version. This is the first jeep I am happy to park next the BMW's and Audi's at the office. Looks great and is good value for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$112 per month*