2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Broke after 250 miles
By Chris on 08/20/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

What a piece of junk. After only 250 total miles, my car suddenly turned off in the middle of a busy highway. The engine would not turn over - had to have it towed. The dealer is telling me that the engine will not recognize the key(s)- we tried both. Based on this, caution to off roading - very disappointed being a BMW and Ford Expedition owner where at least a warning light will come on when something is wrong. You get nothing with the Jeep! Even when the car will not start you get no warning. My dealer call back is questionable as well. I am used to BMW service and follow-up; thank god I kept the BMW. So now that Fiat is here I hope they look into this issue.

A Good One!
By vertigeaux on 08/16/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We are a Ford family, but were not really impressed with the current Ford lineup as there just wasn't anything very exciting available. I was (and still am) interested in the 2011 (or 2012) Explorer reboot, but I wanted a new ride sooner. I researched the heck out of every mid-size SUV out there. For the money and build quality, this one cannot be beat. I picked up my Laredo X as soon as it hit the dealership lot. I've never viewed the Grand Cherokee as a practical family hauler. The 2011 changes all of that. I feel very safe driving this beauty and my kids love it. Handles great, rides great, looks great.

Lovin' my NEW 2011 GRAND CHEROKEE
By Kristine on 08/15/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 1999 Jeep Laredo to the 2011 GC Limited. Waited a year for this vehicle and absolutely love it. Wanted something with the fully capable 4-wheel drive function + a tow package. Kept telling myself after it comes out - wait 6 months to purchase but I didn't. Saw it - drove it- loved it - ordered it and now own it. Interior, exterior, features, functions, just love it all. Larger than my other one but still love to drive. Didn't like the 2005 - 2010 square body style - so happy with this one. I am 36 years old - and this is my first BRAND NEW CAR - I have ever owned. It definitely was well worth the wait. Go Jeep :)

American All Star
By Russ Blondec on 08/15/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After coming from a 09 Grand Cherokee it is clear that it has improved in almost all categories. Off-Road capability, second row room, cargo space, ride quality, and almost everything else is better by leaps and bounds. Test drove the Nissan Murano, Ford Edge, and Toyota Venza. Almost purchased the Venza but the ability to go-off road was more important the car- like ride. i have yet to go off- roading but did traverse some steep snowy gravel mtn. roads in NC and it gave no drama. Would not think twice about buying another one.

One Week In
By John C on 08/12/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up a 2011 Limited with the V8 and all available options. Traded in a 2001 GC Limited for this one. What a difference 10 model years make! Lots more power, drives a lot nicer, and looks better but the biggest difference is all the creature comforts and gadgets that have been added to the interior. (Ventilated seats are awesome on these 100 degree August days) Dealers do not seem to be offering much of a discount from MSRP on these in our area, but I was still able to get them to come down a little bit. It seems that everybody is confident in this vehicle -- hopefully Chrysler can follow this one up with more great new models.

A Perfect 10
By Impressed on 08/09/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

What an amazing vehicle. My wife has wanted the 2011 JGC for over a year and the wait was well worth it. I can't think of a better looking SUV or a more comfortable car. The fit and finish are near perfect, the technology in the car is amazing and seeing people turn their heads is fun too. I would put this vehicle against any in terms of performance and or appearance.

My Cadillac Replacement Ranks #1
By MrJeep on 08/06/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Driven Caddy Escalades for years, but the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is the ultimate. Ride/handling and high- grade/sturdy materials inside and out rank #1. Ahead of vehicles costing far more. A top contender for "car", "truck" and SUV of the year. It is everything! Rough and tough, yet smooth as silk. AWD system rivals our Range Rover. The leather is classier and it is far better built. Room, viability, panorama roof make it a breeze for people of all sizes and shapes to ride and drive in complete comfort. The Cadillac and RR are too lanky, tippy and cumbersome w/ distance too hard to judge. I urge everyone to test drive the '11 JGC. You will be amazed. It is as great off road as on.

My first Jeep
By frank on 08/05/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Either my wife or myself have had the comparable products. The last being the ML Benz. When taking the "mine" ML to the dealer I passed Chrysler Jeep of North Olmsted and saw the 2011 Jeep. Out of blue I stopped in after servicing the ML. Surprisingly without being caused any stress by the salesman, I decided to drive one of these. AT roughly $25,000 less the the ML, the Jeep has the ride, the quite, the handsfree cell, Nav. with traffic. I drive a great deal, also spend the drive time on the phone. This new jeep is the best deal out there. I must say that they sold me one, and after my wife went with me to pick up the car, she ordered one for herself! Thank you.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
By Grand Cherokee on 08/03/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from a 2000 Wrangler, I wanted something that didn't shake going over 70 mph, could handle some rough terrain, big enough for travel, and get me to work every day. I was looking at the Edge, MDX, Outback, Venza, Sorento, Explorer and Murano. Went into the Jeep dealership to value my trade and came out purchasing the 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 25X package. Hands down, the best bang for your buck. I purchased the V6 which was more than adequate, the V8 will have you flying. Amazed by the interior, which is literally like no other Jeep product I have stepped into. Exterior speaks for itself. Detroit has stepped up its game and I am along for the ride.

Very Pleased
By Beth on 08/02/10 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Test Drove 4Runner, Pathfinder, and Explorer. This one outclassed all the others in all categories. Only things missing blind spot warning and adaptive cruise control.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$112 per month*