Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Cannot recommend because of reliability problems
By eugenet

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Rides and handles well. High quality interior. New Pentastar V6 is reasonably peppy and fuel efficient. On the other hand... Many unresolved quality control problems and Chrysler/Jeep has been stonewalling us.

Excellent in snow.

Fix the air suspension system please. It died within a month of purchase. Address quality control problem with paint. It began to blister, peel and bubble within a month of purchase. Stop the leaks. The interior already is stained.

Splish Splash (The Sloshing Noise)
By mtepper

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nice quiet ride with very little road noice. Solid feel and actual communcative steering feel! Comfortable front seats. Went on a Road trip from LA to SF and got 25 MPG!

Very refined ride and handling. Nice exterior design.

Most people dont test drive the vehicle with a half tank of gas or greater. If you did you would hear the fuel sloshing back and forth in the tank. Jeep dealership say they all do it. Because of this I can not recommend this vehicle. Jeep does not have a fix for it. Improve the cheap plastic around the radio as well as the Fisher price controls that feel, well cheap!

Sold garbage V8 after 3,900 miles
By chadrod99

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot begin to tell you what a complete pile of trash this car is. Hey V8 owners, check your oil? I was burning over a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. Chrysler's answer? It's "normal". Are you kidding me??? Quote: "Let the engine build up some sludge and the oil burning might slow down." The transmission and drive by wire lag is completely unacceptable. A Hemi with that much HP should not get it's arse handed to it from my 2005 GX470. Quote: "That's adaptive learning for optimum fuel economy." My MPG? 13. The Radio button on the stereo would not tune to presets no matter how you touched it. Quote: "It's just sensitive, you have to live with it." Um, *expletive* you!

The fact that I picked it up from the service department, drove to Mercedes, and traded this vehicle in. I was thrilled to loose $12K just to get this junk out of my garage. You would be upset too having Chrysler tell you that half-arse is industry standard no?

I will never buy an American car EVER again so do what you want. This is the fourth strike for American cars for me and I will no longer give them any of my business.

One Month Old
By dclawyer1

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 Grand Cherokee one month ago. I have the V8 - Overland Edition, Black, w/ Saddlle/Black interior. So far no problems. The V8 has lots fo power and tourque. Interior in comfortable, no issues. Having traded in my Lexus ES 350 for this vehicle, I miss a few minor things. The NAV doesn't automatically change from day to night lighting and it takes three steps on the menu to change it. A bit of a pain and at night it's definately too bright. Also, the keyless unlock often taken a few seconds to unblock. My Lexus unlocked any door instantly. On the Jeep it onlu unlocked the driver door and I usually havew to hold my hand their for 3 seconds or so before it unlock

Interior comfort, v8 power. ALthough powerful the V8 is thristy!

See above.

Night and Day
By ratchet1

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 2009 Grand Cherokee with LUX Pkg, 3.7 Ltr eng for 2011 Laredo E w/tow pkg and 3.6 ltr eng. More equipment now is standard and the eng blows away the 3.7 noisey, slow, fuel thirsty engine. The ride is night and day different with the fully independent rear suspension. The quietness of driving 80 MPH down an interstate and hear yourself THINKING is unbelievable for an off road type vehicle. Dealer gave good discount upon purchase. Drove Ford Edge Limited and did not like the fact of FWD versus RWD when needing tow power. Edge is limited to 3500 lbs,Jeep tows 5000lbs. Ford would not budge on price either!

Independent Rear suspension, Laminated door glass, much more comfortable seats, standard satellite radio for those long trips, new 3.6 Liter engine which is Flexfuel.

Mud Flaps should be standard factory equipment.