2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
What are you waiting for?
By Mike S on 09/06/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep. I drove a Commander a couple years ago while on vacation and didn't hate it, but wasn't pleased. While researching the Highlander and CX-9, I kept seeing ads regarding the all new Mercedes inspired design and amenities. A trip to the dealer convinced me that Jeep got it right this time! The styling, finish and ride are all top notch. I couldn't be happier.

Electrical and Service Issues
By Jim on 09/05/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I actually bought the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi V8 4WD. I loved it, but about 10 days after I bought it it started to have electrical problems that caused the engine to die while in motion. The dealership where I bought it were clueless about what good service is so I took it to another jeep dealership and they have been wonderful. But, the vehicle has been there for a week now. The part needed, the engine computer, has to come from Detroit and may be on back order. So it may be some time before I see my Jeep and my rental car is becoming very expensive. So I would not recommend the new Jeep until they iron out some of its mechanical problems.

Fantastic Vehicle!
By SEKOTDCOB on 08/31/10 22:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a full size truck, but found the ideal vehicle for me and my family. This car fits exactly want we want in a vehicle. 4WD with comfort and style. It was not a selection for this review, but we got the V8 Hemi. I drove the V6 and V8, the V8 is the way to go. If you are loaded down and traveling through the mountain passes, you will want the V8.

From a Range Rover to a Jepp
By David on 08/25/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven everything from Suburbans to Corvettes. My last vehicle was a Land Rover, Range Rover. Once I drove this Jeep, there was no going back. I went to the dealership to purchase a new Challenger, but made the "mistake" of driving the Jeep. The ride is more pleasant than the Rover, comfort level of interior is higher, ease of use rates better and overall satisfaction with the Jeep is much better than the Rover not to mention how much better the gas mileage is!

Took Me A Couple Weeks to Really Love It
By GLO on 08/24/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in the 2005 Rocky Mountain Edition 4x4 JCG,which I absolutely loved. Have been waiting for 1 year for the new 2011.Purchased the 4x4 6 cyl 26X pkg. (same color Inferno Red) What took me a couple of weeks to get used to was the wider/higher size. A few blind spots & I wasn't as comfortable changing lanes. But I do love it now! The interior is 100% improvement. The media center/stereo system is fantastic. Great not having to carry all my CD's w/ ability to download to the media hard disk drive. Love the rear assist camera and flawless smooth ride. Mostly small city driving, so do not care if I have 6 or V8 , but much better pick up with the 3.6 L, 6 cyl. than the previous 6 cyl.

I'm Sold!
By Look out Toyota! on 08/23/10 12:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I compared a lot of SUVs- especially the Toyota Venzas and Highlanders. Both are a joke content wise and price wise compared to the new Jeep. I was going through the motor mall and saw this Jeep parked out front. It did not take too long for me to drive it home. The interior is utterly amazing- I am still trying to figure out all the gadgets it has- none that were even offered by Toyota. The interior blows Toyota's and Lexus' out of the water. The car is so quiet, I have to look at the tach to make sure the engine is running. If this is what Chrysler is going to offer from here on out in the rest of their new cars, the company will not only survive, but thrive!

Overjoyed Overland Owner. Best Buy Ever!
By OverJoyedOverland on 08/21/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love my spouse's 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee so much, I traded my vehicle in for an Overland edition all my own. I nearly held out for the even larger Dodge Durango based on the JGC because of it seating up to 7-8 passengers over Jeep's 5, but could not pass up the excellent deal on this fine SUV. The AWD Overland V8 is the way to go if hauling. Even with a heavy boat attached, this vehicle moves - and how! The ride is far better than the large offerings from Cadillac, Range Rover and Lincoln that I looked at. The interior is richer, more comfortable, a lot quieter and of a much higher built quality. The sunroof is terrific. Visibility is the best of all luxury 'utes I have ever seen. Wow!

Jeep outdone themselves
By Justand on 08/21/10 09:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 2011 Jeep Overland in Silver a week ago, and I can't say how pleased I am with this vehicle. I looked at the SRX, MKX, Benz ML, BMW X5, Lexus and compared the features and cost to the 2011 Jeep. The JGC wins hands down. The previous years the inside was never roomy, it was a tight fit. This new jeep is everything u want in an SUV-roomy, first class interior and quiet ride. It is completely redesigned from inside out. If you can afford it, get the Overland, I'm so glad I did. It is worth every penny and I won't mind writing my check every month! Jeep has outdone themselves! Great Job

Broke after 250 miles
By Chris on 08/20/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

What a piece of junk. After only 250 total miles, my car suddenly turned off in the middle of a busy highway. The engine would not turn over - had to have it towed. The dealer is telling me that the engine will not recognize the key(s)- we tried both. Based on this, caution to off roading - very disappointed being a BMW and Ford Expedition owner where at least a warning light will come on when something is wrong. You get nothing with the Jeep! Even when the car will not start you get no warning. My dealer call back is questionable as well. I am used to BMW service and follow-up; thank god I kept the BMW. So now that Fiat is here I hope they look into this issue.

A Good One!
By vertigeaux on 08/16/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We are a Ford family, but were not really impressed with the current Ford lineup as there just wasn't anything very exciting available. I was (and still am) interested in the 2011 (or 2012) Explorer reboot, but I wanted a new ride sooner. I researched the heck out of every mid-size SUV out there. For the money and build quality, this one cannot be beat. I picked up my Laredo X as soon as it hit the dealership lot. I've never viewed the Grand Cherokee as a practical family hauler. The 2011 changes all of that. I feel very safe driving this beauty and my kids love it. Handles great, rides great, looks great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$112 per month*