Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Don't Buy the V-8
By gil_j

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great styling, plenty of power, power mileage. The V-8 has an annoying surge under light load. The Jeep regional service guy agrees, but states it's the way Jeep has the engine and transmission programmed. I know the styling is awesome, but don't let the beauty get in the way. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Power, styling, comfort

Jeep needs to back their product--they do not. Chrysler corp historically builds products with poor fuel mileage, they need to do better.

WIN Module
By 81258606

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Ordered my jeep in August 2010 and received in early November. Drove cross country and back and did some rough trails. Very happy with the vehicle. End of June, 2011 I drove a few miles and parked. When leaving, the vehicle would not start. Had it towed (flatbed) to the dealer and they replaced the WIN module. No charge other than the towing fee. I hope this was a one-time occurrence.

Comfortable when making long trips. Great off-road.

The nav system is a bit quirky but works most of the time.

Overall great, but a few annoying problems so far
By hager_2000

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2011 JGC Limited Hemi for about 7 months now. It's quiet, fast and handles pretty well for a heavy SUV ~ 4800 lbs. One major problem I have had is I went to start it and it was dead in my driveway. Found out the ground bolt for the starter sheared off. No clue how it happened, dealer had never seen it happen before. Automatic HVAC required reprogramming, would only blow hot air, seems to work ok now.. Pretty happy with the vehicle, very solidly built compared to my 2005 JGC which I hit into a concrete embankment at 50 mph and walked away without a scratch - hyrdoplaned. The vehicle is cheap life insurance, very safe.

Seats are very comfortable, great driving position, well laid out controls, great AC! Great heater. V8 accel

Better workmanship - should not have ground bolts breaking off on a new vehicle. I did not take this thing off roading.

Nice Change
By rudy60

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car about 1 month ago. I have owned Jeeps since 1985, with the last one being a 1996 that had over 217K miles on it when I sold it...to my mechanic by the way. If this car does as well, I will be a very happy, camper. So far this car is much more advanced, in looks, ride and performance. I could not be happier w/ the almost 2000 miles I have put on it thus far. I get lots of looks(especially from Acura MDX and BMW X5 drivers) and feel very proud to own a Jeep.

Performance Looks Interior

Better gas mileage..and I think w/ a 6th gear in the transmission that I believe they are working on, that will help solve the problem. But I am still getting on average 18-20 overall driving mileage and so I am not complaining too loudly. I have 4 wheel drive and that puts more weight to pull around.

Best GC so far...but not without problems
By jeepster2011

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 2011 GC Overland (V8) white with saddle. Best looking SUV for the money. This is my 3rd GC and by far the best. The interior is the best I have ever seen in an SUV. Nice touches are the lighted door handles and door pockets. The ride, handling and acceleration are top notch. The adaptive cruise (ACC) and forward collision (FCW) work great. If youíre looking for good fuel economy look elsewhere (15 mpg with Hemi). Unfortunately, all is not well. Problems so far include: iPod communication with the 730 RHR radio is intermittent(no fix), rear seat had cut in leather from factory, radio developed static and had to be replaced, and vehicle would drift right.

The styling in and out is great. Accleration from the V8 is unbelievable. The ACC and FCW are really nice. The panoramic sunroof is also a nice touch.

My biggest complaintóconstant clanking in steering column while stopping and turning. I have taken the vehicle to two dealerships which told me that they canít duplicate the problem. The ipod link needs to work everytime the car is started...not sometimes. Jeep needs to supply a manual for the radio that is installed in the vehicle not for one that is similar.

• SUV