2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Better than expected
By r atk on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

As the owner of a BMW X5, I was not expecting the quality and performance I got with the new 2011 Cherokee. so far its great! Firm solid ride with better than average ergonomics. best of all its a true all terrain four wheel drive. If it holds up half as well as my trade in, (1993 Laredo 206,000 miles) I will be happy.

2011 Grand Cherokee 5.7
By Pete Clay on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery of our 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ 5.7 Hemi. This is our 7th GC Ltd in a row, beginning with a 1993. It is light years ahead of any of the others we've owned, and we've mostly liked them as they suit our purposes particularly snow driving in ski season up north. I Have a Mercedes S-500 and a Corvette, and this Jeep is finished to a much higher degree than either, both of which i purchased new. The quality and features are superb, and we feel the vehicle is an unbelievable value at an msrp of about $44,000. We were able to buy it better than that and are completely satisfied so far. Did not want the 50 profile tires on the Overland or the 20" wheels, that's why a LTD

Successful Downsize
By MBT on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After four Acura MDX's and less kids living at home, I was looking to downsize. Drove the Audi Q5, Nissan Murano, Acura RDX, as well as a few others. All were either too small or drove like a minivan. I Stopped by the Jeep dealer on a whim and drove the 11 GC. I was pleasantly surprised; Jeep has definitely gotten it right this time. Power is as responsive as our 08 MDX, steering is not as heavy, and ride is quite smooth. Cabin is beautiful with all the right tech features. I would highly recommend shopping the Jeep against all the midsized imports. You will not be disappointed and it certainly is the most bang for your buck!

Excellent
By Joe Granberg on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After coming from a 2010 Volvo XC70, it is clear that the Jeep is better in every regard. After moving from Florida to Alaska, a vehicle with more off-road capability was necessary. To see how good the vehicle really was I drove the whole way. 5000 miles later, my only complaints are that the rear seat is on the smaller side and the front seats don't massage. The Jeep makes up though by being the far most capable off road in the group I tested (Infinti QX56,Hummer H2 and H3, Cadillac Esclade, and Lexus Lx570 as well as having the smoothest ride. Front seats are very comfortable and have good array of adjustments. This vehicle is great and should be able to bring Chrysler back into the game.

2011 Grand Cherokee - Owner's Review
By XTalath on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Any new vehicle is a mixed bag of hope and disappointment. My 2011 JEEP Grand Cherokee is no different. If Chrysler was looking for this vehicle to reinvigorate the JEEP line, they should have ditched the penny pinching and built a better vehicle. I was most perturbed at the crippleware electronics. Buttons exist for features that are not enabled. I'm not keen on paying another $1,200 for three dip-switches to be flipped on electronics that are already in my vehicle. Having the chance to really bring forward a WOW vehicle. Chrysler is still "business as usual". Fail

Smooth SUV
By Pat on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Very quiet and smooth on the road. Nice tight turning radius. Mileage about what expected - hitting EPA estimates. Premium highway cruiser. Good looking interior. Comfortable seats. Antenna catches on my garage door and is too high. Low beam headlights are terrible - had them checked but they only project ~ 30yds. They are recessed too far and the hood cuts them off.

Excellent!
By Night Runner on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife wanted a new Equinox or Acadia but after we saw the new 2011 JGC on the lot she fell in love with it. The V6 has tons of power and its extremely smooth on any road surface. Even though ours is just technically all wheel drive it has great traction on dirt and gravel and wont slip when the gas it pushed hard. interior is very elegant for a jeep. We have never even considered buying a jeep until we really looked into the new JGC. If you are looking into ANY type of crossover, take some time with the new JGC, it will make you think twice.

Awesome
By Dan H on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Jeep all my life and this new overland is awesome. Drives perfect looks amazing. We found a white v6 overland, last one within 500 miles of us. The jeep is just jaw dropping.

Move over Imports
By jeepguy on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am impressed with Grand Cherokee, I did drive the Lexus, Audi, BMW, and a Ford, Ford got all wrong. The Jeep has stepped up to the plate and knocked out all competition. Hands down they got it right , great gas mileage, comfort, looks, and style. Also I saved about 20,000 in cash . Also lower cost of ownership. Take from a former import owner.

2011 Grand Cherokee hits the mark
By Jeff C. on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that had never given me any trouble so going back to a vehicle with a domestic badge was a tough decision. However, I must say that my 2011 GC limited 4x4 (v6 motor) is smoother, quieter and more responsive than my Pathfinder ever was. Exterior and Interior fit and finish is excellent. The GC handles very much like a sports sedan with great stability in corners compared to the truck like SUVs of old. I have taken several long trips in the GC since my purchase logging 4000 miles and the GC has been great. The V6 has plenty of power to cruise the interstate with little to no engine noise. I'm very happy with GC.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$112 per month*