Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

love the new jeep, but
By rocketman28472

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new JGC in May 2011, the limited version with the hemi. Love the look of the new jeep inside and out. fun to drive with the power of the hemi. Have had one problem with it so far. went out to start it the other morning and it was completely dead. called roadside assist and they came out and jumped started it. but then all the warning lights stayed on and the gauges did not work. took it to the dealership and they told me your not supposed to jump start the new jeeps because they have a AGM battery in them. it turns out when they jumped it a computer modele was fried. not sure why it went dead in the first place, waiting to see if it happens again.

Favorite Features

ride, looks, power

Suggested Improvements

need better info about the battery

Fantastic vehicle
By Anonymous

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Love this vehicle. The interior is amazing. High end luxury is a capable off road vehicle. They got this one right.

Favorite Features

Panoramic sun roof, ventilated seats, bluetooth integrated electronics. Love the way I can play songs from my phone without even taking my phone out of my pocket.

Suggested Improvements

Pickup in the 6 cylinder is just average. (I test drove the 8 cylinder and it's much better). You won't win drag races that's for sure. I'm happy to trade pickup for gas mileage though.

Love My Limited
By Sergio

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited a few weeks ago. The dealer experience was great! They did not have the color i wanted but had it transferred from another dealer that day. I have to say i had never thought of a Jeep before but when i saw the new design and then test drove it. I was sold! It is much bigger than previous models, but i love the ride, the handling and the look of the overall cabin. I have always driven luxury cars and have to say that it compares in quality and comfort to those of BMW, Lexus and Audi's.

Favorite Features

Remotes less key entry and start. Power lift gate, overall headroom and legroom. Reclining backseats. Heated steering wheel and heated and ventilated seats, and even heated rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is not that great. Blind spot from the drivers side.

Glad to be a Jeep owner again
By Jen

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a 99 Jeep Cherokee and an 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in the past, both were reliable but neither had anything that was extraordinary. I finally left the Jeep world and drove a Dodge Charger RT (with a Hemi) for the past 3 years. I loved the speed and power of the Charger, but missed the capabilities of an SUV. I was about to give up on the Chrysler Group altogether until I heard about the new 2011 JGC. Oh my goodness, its fantastic! Within the first 2 minutes of the test drive I knew I was going to buy it. Jeep has done such a wonderful job in recreating this vehicle. The interior resembles that of any high-end luxury car and the outside looks great too! Love it!

Favorite Features

Memory seats, back-up camera, rain sensing windshield wipers, reclining back seats, cargo room, on board computer gives tons of info on the car, gas mileage, remote start, push button start, panoramic sunroof- everything!

Suggested Improvements

I've noticed that the metal around driver side air vent reflects into the side view mirror at certain times of the day, mainly sunset. It gets a little distracting sometimes but other than that I have no complaints!

My first Jeep
By frank

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Either my wife or myself have had the comparable products. The last being the ML Benz. When taking the "mine" ML to the dealer I passed Chrysler Jeep of North Olmsted and saw the 2011 Jeep. Out of blue I stopped in after servicing the ML. Surprisingly without being caused any stress by the salesman, I decided to drive one of these. AT roughly $25,000 less the the ML, the Jeep has the ride, the quite, the handsfree cell, Nav. with traffic. I drive a great deal, also spend the drive time on the phone. This new jeep is the best deal out there. I must say that they sold me one, and after my wife went with me to pick up the car, she ordered one for herself! Thank you.

Favorite Features

Everything. The ride and handling lacks nothing. The salesman made it a point to drive a few miles himself to show the ability in adverse conditions. And although I became somewhat uncomfortable in the drive, the Jeep was perfect!

Suggested Improvements

Improved lease.