Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Not Sure Whether to Trade In
By blazin65

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with all the extras and V8, since March 2011. Overall I've been pretty pleased with this vehicle. I'm debating now on whether to trade it in for 2014. So I have been reading reviews on Edmunds of the 2014. The only issue I have had that has been a pain in the 2011 has been the cruise control. It has been in the shop 3 times to get it fixed. I have found through experience that if I slam the steering wheel up and down with the tilt steering, it will become operable again. It's some kind of wiring issue. I've told the service department this, but they just replace the whole mechanism. But overall, as I've said, its 9 of 10 stars.

Full sun roof, front to back. Beige Interier: Most come with black interiors, which I don't like. Power. Right after I got it I got pulled over for going 108 mph. I knew I was going fast, but I didn't realize I was going that fast. I couldn't tell. Back Up Camera. Lots of Compliments.

Continues day to day issues
By jeep4281

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and no problems other than maintenance issues. When my frame cracked in 2011 i bought a new. I have been back and forth to dealer.I have replaced wipers so much in my life. I have had 2 replacement wiper sprayers on both sides; The split Hemi engine i can get 22 in the summer and 13-15 in the winter. key has been replaced twice. I have the digital temperature control and the motor has been replaced and reprogrammed. One day going down road lights came on the dash as told the system will reset itself. Ipod dock burnt up my ipod; down songs.

Best is the radio with 9 speakers and sub-woofer and 30Gb hard drive is so worth it. and The suspension is tight in the rain and dry pavement however its not for more than 5 inches of snow slides.Does not make its own tire tread, even with BF Goodrich.

And rear differential. it slides the snow even in the snow turn knob. Replaced tires as well. If next snow it does i am trading it in; Also the front window glares in rain and snow so much it almost blinds you and the dealership blames the wipers do; Advanced parts says it not wipers were brand new. They constantly put me in the middle. And calling Chrysler is a mistake they don't care.

Disappointed
By shan24

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 Hemi in Jan 2011. Started having problems after about 3 months with the gas tank sensor. Took the dealer 10 times to figure out it was the electrical sensor. At 25,000 miles I had no tread on my tires (I do mostly in town and highway driving, absolutely no off road) and had to replace all 4 tires. Now at 27,200 miles, my SUV is in the garage and won't start. It's completely frozen and every single warning light comes on. I'm waiting to have it towed to the dealer to be analyzed and fixed. It's very frustrating to have a relatively new vehicle and to have multiple problems before there's even 30,000 miles on it. Not sure I will buy jeep

[non-permissible content removed]
By johnoyed

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

5 time jeep owner, Lease 2011 jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Warning lights start blinking , Hard time starting, rear cam doesn't work. They say its the mother board. Under warranty- Great!!. BUTTTTTTT it will take 2 weeks to get it and they will not give me a free rental. I'm paying lease, insurance, garage on a car that is out of commission for 2 weeks because of warrantied parts and they want me to pay for rental car. So i guess a warranty doesn't mean anything. Last time having a jeep.

Great SUV
By firsttimejeep

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my GC for two years and 26K and absolutely love it. Have had no issues with it. I have a lot of vehicles in 45 years but this is my favorite. Can't wait to buy the new model in 2017 or so. I've had 2 BMW X5s and like the GC much better.