Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2011 Overland Summit V8
By Scott

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Jeep used with 34K miles. The color is mineral grey with saddle interior and saddle leather dash. The vehicle feels solid on the road and is very quiet. The sound system is good with lots of features. We drove it on a 3400 miles trip with speeds between 70 and 80 mile-per-hour. We averaged 19 MPG for the entire trip and covered a lot of miles per day as driving the Jeep is not fatiguing. We did have a failure with the vehicle, the TIPM went bad. This is basically a computerized fuse box. We were lucky and got ours replaced with an updated one. Since we also own a European car (SAAB), the leather in the Jeep is nothing like our SAAB. The leather in the Jeep is surfaced dyed and the SAAB's is dyed through and of excellent quality. The SAAB is 13 years old and the leather looks new. The Jeep is just over 3 years old and the leather has surface cracks in the sprayed on dye. The Jeep is almost unstoppable in the snow. We've driven on roads that are closed to "traction devices only" with the all-season tires and had no issues. The Police that wave drivers off the road when they see no chains waved us on through as we weren't slipping at all.

Very Disappointed. Last Jeep I'll Buy.
By Stuart

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought based on styling and perceived luxury car at affordable price point. Should have known you get what you pay for! Leather dash bubbled up although always garaged at work and home. Interior trim pealing off. Both A/C vent control actuators broken. Hydraulic engine mounts leaked (Jeep mechanic told me they were terrible). Car won't start due to faulty TIPM controller which thankfully is now a recall. UConnect system faulty where it resets when I back up losing rear camera. Door lock motor replaced. Leak in motor replaces on warranty. I will not buy a Jeep again and very likely go with imports from now on. If you buy one get the best warranty they have or as I told my friend but a spare car for when it's in the shop! Disappointed and embarrassed that a US company can build such junk and charge so much.

This Is Jeep's Finest Hour!
By tucsonguy2

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this Overland V8 Hemi for nearly 2 months now, and I am still just as impressed as the day I bought it. This is a quiet, strong, well-behaved, high-quality vehicle that is loaded with amenities like heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning, and much more. The interior is very nice, and this vehicle can hold its own against any of the higher-priced luxury brand SUVs from Germany and Japan. I have owned a number of Grand Cherokees in the past, but this one is clearly a cut above past models... perhaps they should have called it the Grand Slam, because that's what they have hit! This is one beautiful vechicle that I am proud to own.

There are so many things that I like about this vehicle, that it is impossible to single out one or two.

Although this vehicle is about as good as it gets, it would be nice if they could have squeezed a little more MPG into it; however, this isn't the type of vehicle that you buy for great mileage.

Jeep Really Nailed It!
By chigirlintexas

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We got the V-8 Overland. Had a 08 which we loved but this one blows it away. Test drove an Edge, Murano, CX-7, but nothing came close. The engine is quick and smooth, it rides quiet even on the highway. The interior cabin is as luxurious as anything you could imagine or want. Ambient lighting around cup holders, door handles, etc. make for thoughtful touches. The wood and leather are gorgeous and the technology is all you need-including a hookup for your iPod that allows you to use the steering wheel controls to change songs, etc.
The features and quality compare with vehicles costing $20K more.
Drive one--if you can find one.
It took my dealer a lot of looking to get me mine.

V-8, heated steering wheel, navigation, backup camera, auto lift gate, keyless ignition, hard drive for music, bluetooth, interior cabin, vented seats (won't know how good they are til summer!), satellite radio, driver info center, leather, remote start, panoramic sunroof.... I could go on....

Make more so they are available!! I ended up settling for a different color than my first choice because we could not find one in a 400 mile radius that a dealer would give up.

Awesome
By Dan H

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Jeep all my life and this new overland is awesome. Drives perfect looks amazing. We found a white v6 overland, last one within 500 miles of us. The jeep is just jaw dropping.

Air conditioned seats. All the light fixtures in the door handles, cup holders ext. Looks so nice at night inside.

We got every option available, but it would be nice if the panoramic sun roof opened all the way back, not just the front part..