Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love my Jeep
By Sandra Crabtree

Not Sure Whether to Trade In
By blazin65

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with all the extras and V8, since March 2011. Overall I've been pretty pleased with this vehicle. I'm debating now on whether to trade it in for 2014. So I have been reading reviews on Edmunds of the 2014. The only issue I have had that has been a pain in the 2011 has been the cruise control. It has been in the shop 3 times to get it fixed. I have found through experience that if I slam the steering wheel up and down with the tilt steering, it will become operable again. It's some kind of wiring issue. I've told the service department this, but they just replace the whole mechanism. But overall, as I've said, its 9 of 10 stars.

Full sun roof, front to back. Beige Interier: Most come with black interiors, which I don't like. Power. Right after I got it I got pulled over for going 108 mph. I knew I was going fast, but I didn't realize I was going that fast. I couldn't tell. Back Up Camera. Lots of Compliments.

Great SUV
By firsttimejeep

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my GC for two years and 26K and absolutely love it.
Have had no issues with it.
I have a lot of vehicles in 45 years but this is my favorite.
Can't wait to buy the new model in 2017 or so.

I've had 2 BMW X5s and like the GC much better.

KEY NOT DETECTED MESSAGE/KEY LOCK IN CAR DETECTION DONT ALWAYS WORK
By kkfoster54

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been having problems with the key not detected message which is happening quite often, I thought it may be the key battery.
I switched keys (spare) and its doing the same thing.
I was thinking it was the key battery at first, but when I switched keys after a while it started doing the same thing so I dont think its the battery.
I have to try anything and everything to get my car to crank.
The problem seems to be getting worse, I hope I dont get stranded.
Also I have accidently locked myself out the car a few times and the car lock key feature works when it wants to, the key was in the console or my purse in the passenger seat less than 2 ft and it still locks.

Favorite features is the Uconnect phone feature, the keyless entry and push start if they worked correctly which is what made me trade my old jeep in for the new version. The car key lock feature if it worked correctly. I also like the heated seats, and the backup detection and the remote start (my most favorite).

This is my 3rd Jeep, I would like to see more head room, I'm tall and bump my head all the time getting in the car and so does my passengers. I'd like to see a blind spot mirror, to see the cars better when changing lanes, the safety feature that beeps if you get too close is not that safe, it's almost too late. I'd like to see Jeep car manufacture to get the key not dectection message fixed, and the car key locked feature working like it should. Why put them in the car, if they don't work right. Other than that, I like my Jeep, this may be the last time I buy one. I don't know about the newer Jeeps. My 1994 Jeep was a really good year compared to the my 2006 and 2011 Jeep.

I never thought I'd buy American but....
By jessica40

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am pleased with my purchase. I was considering the Lexus RX when I saw the new redesigned JGC Laredo passing by in traffic. It grabbed my attention. I went home and did my research.. one week later I had purchased one. It has that luxury feel to it and very comfortable (leather interior). On the flip side.. I just had to take it into Jeep bcus the engine light came on..it has been there now for 3 days.. they were nice enough to give me a loaner (2012 Durango). I also own an Infiniti G37 but prefer my Jeep! The dealer mentioned something about and O2 sensor, all covered under warranty. I miss my truck but want to put pressure on them as I dont want it rushed and want it fixed properly!!

It is very stylish and comfortable. Feel of luxury..

More space in the backseat for my growing preteen.