2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great SUV
By firsttimejeep on 05/06/13 17:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my GC for two years and 26K and absolutely love it. Have had no issues with it. I have a lot of vehicles in 45 years but this is my favorite. Can't wait to buy the new model in 2017 or so. I've had 2 BMW X5s and like the GC much better.

KEY NOT DETECTED MESSAGE/KEY LOCK IN CAR DETECTION DONT ALWAYS WORK
By kkfoster54 on 03/05/13 13:03 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been having problems with the key not detected message which is happening quite often, I thought it may be the key battery. I switched keys (spare) and its doing the same thing. I was thinking it was the key battery at first, but when I switched keys after a while it started doing the same thing so I dont think its the battery. I have to try anything and everything to get my car to crank. The problem seems to be getting worse, I hope I dont get stranded. Also I have accidently locked myself out the car a few times and the car lock key feature works when it wants to, the key was in the console or my purse in the passenger seat less than 2 ft and it still locks.

I never thought I'd buy American but....
By jessica40 on 08/30/12 17:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am pleased with my purchase. I was considering the Lexus RX when I saw the new redesigned JGC Laredo passing by in traffic. It grabbed my attention. I went home and did my research.. one week later I had purchased one. It has that luxury feel to it and very comfortable (leather interior). On the flip side.. I just had to take it into Jeep bcus the engine light came on..it has been there now for 3 days.. they were nice enough to give me a loaner (2012 Durango). I also own an Infiniti G37 but prefer my Jeep! The dealer mentioned something about and O2 sensor, all covered under warranty. I miss my truck but want to put pressure on them as I dont want it rushed and want it fixed properly!!

2011 JGC Key Fob Issues
By csummers1 on 06/10/12 17:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our new 2011 JGC in Oct 2011. The key fob is not recognized so it won't unlock or start. When you press unlock on the key fob, nothing happens. We tried using the hidden key inside the fob to unlock the door, but all that does is set off the alarm. The vehicle goes into security mode and there's nothing we can do until it's ready!!! Owner's manual says remove the start button and insert the key fob to start the vehicle and take it out of alarm mode, but that doesn't happen. It's locked down! It's been in the shop 3 Xs with no results. We think we have a lemon...still waiting to hear back from Chrysler. In the shop for 3 weeks now while we wait to see what Chrysler is going to do.

Best Jeep Grand Cherokee yet hands down!!!
By jeepgirl21 on 01/05/12 11:45 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee technically last year but less than a year ago. I love this Jeep. I've had Cherokees before and the inside of this new one definitely takes the cake. So comfortable, and very usable. I'm not sure what the last lady was talking about and maybe she just had a bad apple which can happen with any brand but I have never driven anything that was this worry free. I love this Jeep and will drive it anywhere knowing I'm fine and won't have issues. I had a BMW before this and had issue after issue and they didn't want to help me out. Not only that the run flats on the BMW were hell to replace. "no cost to owner' my butt on the Beemer. Thanks BMW but I'll stick with Jeep!!

Jeepgirl has bought her last Jeep :-(
By jeepgirl712 on 10/17/11 16:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th and last Jeep. I have love all my other ones, but this new 2011 is not the same. I went from the V8 Hemi to the new Penstar V6. The MPG are much better, however it is loud and sounds like its in the wrong gear. sometimes i think it might blow up. I have had trouble with the bluetooth it just stops working. they don't know why. the remote start is not always working either. It just does not handle as smooth as my 2005. The power seats do not tilt down in the front like the older Jeeps. I need that to keep the seat from cutting into the back of my legs. sometime change is not for the best.

So far, so good!
By m11171 on 10/02/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our trusty 2002 4Runner with a 2011 JGC Laredo. Closing in on 3K miles at this point, so have spent enough time to provide an early review. First, we did need to bring the Jeep back to the dealer a few days after driving it off the lot b/c an airbag light came on. Turns out a sensor in the door came loose. That was inconvenient but so far the only issue we had - dealer took care of it under warranty. Wife and I love the exterior styling and interior quality. I never would have considered buying a JEEP/Chrysler product before this...the JGC is that good. VERY comfortable, V-6 isn't fast, but isn't slow, either. All around excellent vehicle.

Never thought I'd buy Jeep/American...
By m11170 on 08/20/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

...but this Grand Cherokee is THAT good. Excellent design, fit and finish. Very good value for the money in my opinion. We have only owned for 3 weeks so far, but have taken a road trip and found the J GC very comfortable all around. The electronics all work fine, and the ergonomics are well laid-out. The voice recognition system is also very convenient and helps keep the driver's focus on the road where it belongs. We have had to take the J GC in for one issue - 3 days into ownership the airbag light came on. Turns out an airbag sensor in the door became disconnected. Must not have been attached firmly at the Jeep factory in Michigan. Once plugged back in all has been well.

great SUV; AC concern
By tenpro on 08/17/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This GC (2011)s only 8 weeks old, Very fun to drive and very comfortable. Already have 10k miles. Have had Chryslers x5 in the past and made the switch to Jeep. The exterior is amazing, great design and great color. Only one concern, travel alot and have a problem with the AC. Blows high when on low and vice versa without adjusting the settings. Also, on a 19 hr trip, AC stopped for over 5 hrs!! Has been in shop x4---mechanics cannot find problem, Anyone having these problems too? Or solutions?

Pleasantly Surprised
By alabamaabby on 07/24/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We researched many vehicles before buying our 2011 JGC in Nov 2010. It is beautiful inside & out. Comfy seats with great adjustablity on the driver's side, lots of legroom, responsive & adjustable steering, large cargo area, very quiet, smooth ride, & good gas mileage. We came from a Toyota Tacoma that got 19 mpg no matter. Our JGC gets 18 to 20 city & 24 hwy. We have had no mechanical issues at all & we are at 10K miles. My only gripe is with the auto transmission. It is just plain weird. I mainly drive the Jeep & I still am not used to the way that it shifts. My husband has no problem with it. I don't feel the weirdness when riding as a passenger. Very happy with our choice!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in NJ is:

$189 per month*