Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2011 Overland Summit V8
By Scott

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Jeep used with 34K miles. The color is mineral grey with saddle interior and saddle leather dash. The vehicle feels solid on the road and is very quiet. The sound system is good with lots of features. We drove it on a 3400 miles trip with speeds between 70 and 80 mile-per-hour. We averaged 19 MPG for the entire trip and covered a lot of miles per day as driving the Jeep is not fatiguing. We did have a failure with the vehicle, the TIPM went bad. This is basically a computerized fuse box. We were lucky and got ours replaced with an updated one. Since we also own a European car (SAAB), the leather in the Jeep is nothing like our SAAB. The leather in the Jeep is surfaced dyed and the SAAB's is dyed through and of excellent quality. The SAAB is 13 years old and the leather looks new. The Jeep is just over 3 years old and the leather has surface cracks in the sprayed on dye. The Jeep is almost unstoppable in the snow. We've driven on roads that are closed to "traction devices only" with the all-season tires and had no issues. The Police that wave drivers off the road when they see no chains waved us on through as we weren't slipping at all.

Piece of Garbage from Day. 3
By Jan

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th, and LAST Jeep brand new Grand Cherokeee. Never can get parts and needs $500. And. $2500 repairs ALL the time. My son still drives my 2000 Grand Cherokee but since 2011 they have been horrible! I am done forever with A JEEP Product!!!

DON'T DO IT!!
By E.L.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was lured into buying American on this car. Seduced by the great styling, comfortable ride, and great road manners. Plus, made in the USA! What could be better? Traded my aged BMW that I'd bought new ten years previously (no major issues), and entered into 3.5 years of automotive purgatory. This is the worst car I've ever owned. Even beats out my wife's old 99 Audi A4. New engine at 9k miles, three headlights at $350 each, new entertainment system, back up camera replaced twice, $3000 wiring harness "rusted through", and on, and on. Two things convinced me to get rid of this car...driving along at 70mph on my way to work the truck just stopped running. Completely shut off. After I changed my underwear, I was able to make it to work. Second, I had to drain GALLONS of water out of my floorpans that just collected there for no apparent reason. Loved the dealer, but NEVER will buy a Jeep again. Traded it in on a Lexus. Very happy now. Be warned on this one.

Very Disappointed. Last Jeep I'll Buy.
By Stuart

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought based on styling and perceived luxury car at affordable price point. Should have known you get what you pay for! Leather dash bubbled up although always garaged at work and home. Interior trim pealing off. Both A/C vent control actuators broken. Hydraulic engine mounts leaked (Jeep mechanic told me they were terrible). Car won't start due to faulty TIPM controller which thankfully is now a recall. UConnect system faulty where it resets when I back up losing rear camera. Door lock motor replaced. Leak in motor replaces on warranty. I will not buy a Jeep again and very likely go with imports from now on. If you buy one get the best warranty they have or as I told my friend but a spare car for when it's in the shop! Disappointed and embarrassed that a US company can build such junk and charge so much.

Not Sure Whether to Trade In
By blazin65

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with all the extras and V8, since March 2011. Overall I've been pretty pleased with this vehicle. I'm debating now on whether to trade it in for 2014. So I have been reading reviews on Edmunds of the 2014. The only issue I have had that has been a pain in the 2011 has been the cruise control. It has been in the shop 3 times to get it fixed. I have found through experience that if I slam the steering wheel up and down with the tilt steering, it will become operable again. It's some kind of wiring issue. I've told the service department this, but they just replace the whole mechanism. But overall, as I've said, its 9 of 10 stars.

Full sun roof, front to back. Beige Interier: Most come with black interiors, which I don't like. Power. Right after I got it I got pulled over for going 108 mph. I knew I was going fast, but I didn't realize I was going that fast. I couldn't tell. Back Up Camera. Lots of Compliments.