2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: First Jeep GC

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

First Jeep GC
By jimsjeep on

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Didn't even consider a Jeep when I was looking at new SUVs. The limited model was very smartly styled, black with chrome accents. I wanted a V8 w 4WD, with Nav, bluetooth, memory and heated seats. The 5.7 hemi is terrific, getting 15 mpg city and 17.5 hwy over first 10K miles. steering is precise, suspension is firm but sophisticated, not like a truck (or our 2000 EB Explorer). Brakes are the right balance of pedal pressure and stopping distance. I haven't found anything that the 4WD couldn't handle on snowy mtn. roads. The Navi/radio/bluetooth system with voice interaction is very smart and responsive. This car is definitely smarter than I am . This car has been flawless.

I am a guy, I love the Hemi power. The black Limited version with chrome accents is beautiful. The steering is on the money and load carrying is perfect for us. My wife loves the memory and heated seats. I love the way the power seat slides back when the ignition is turned off. I am tall and my wife is short, this Jeep adjusts for both of us. The 4WD is awesome in snow and mtn. inclines. The auto high beams and smart windshield wipers are awesome. Having all my cds in the radio HD or via ipad is dynamite. The tire pressure sensors readout is very comforting, no more guessing. This is one smart American SUV!

I would like the NAV GPS system to display the posted speed limit on highways like Garmin does. I would like to change waypoints while driving. I want more HDD capacity for higher resolution pictures, like maybe 50 pix. Having higher mpg would also be appreciated, say 22 mpg highway...but I know it's a V8...