Used 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Will see
By Bryan M

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the Laredo 3.7 ltr yesterday. Am a loyal Chevy man. Wife wanted to try the Jeep. Initial driving seems nice. Back seat area seems to be a little tight. Doesn't seem to be as solid as the Chevy Equinox. Nice looking vehicle. Time will tell for me though. Rated it as 5's in all categories for now. Will rate again as time goes on.

styling

more room in back seat area

Purchased for Safety
By Steve S.

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2010 Grand Cherokee 'E' model with 21,016 miles with a rwd 3.7 liter V6. I have never seen so many standard features that would options on other non Jeeps. The A/C is cold, the transmission shifts smoothly and when it shifts it is quick with no lag. With the a/c on in stop and go traffic I average 14 mpg. I have not had it on the highway long enough to measure the mpg but hope to do so soon. I also have a 2002 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7 liter V6. This engine is durable and dependable and sounds like a small V8. If you are looking for a fuel sipper, go somewhere else. If you want a safe vehicle you can depend on get a real Jeep.

I like all the standard electronics like the programmable computer on gas mileage, temperature,compass digital display, the six speaker stereo & cold a/c. I also purchased a lifetime warranty. I keep cars about 14 + years and things like water pumps, alternators will wear out.

I'm not sure if a six speed will work on this type vehicle but it sounds nice for fuel economy. Jeep does need to improve on fuel economy, everything else is great.

Auto Off Lights
By Bamalady

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my only disappointment with my first Jeep. The auto off for lights is not standard and cannot be added. I haven't had to pay attention to turning off lights for YEARS. This could have been a deal breaker if I had realized prior to purchase.

loving the Media center but want to have ability to play videos while moving for passengers. And hope it is not trouble in the future

Auto light turnoff standard.

My third Grand Cherokee
By naughty0519

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Limited with the 5.7 Ltr hemi (not an option in the Edmunds drop down menu). After owning a '95 and '99, decided to go back to my old friend. So glad I did!

Winter weather handling, exterior styling, 2-tone leather seats, seat comfort, acceleration w/Hemi engine, smooth quiet ride, rear view camera and warning when you get too close top object, Uconnect blue tooth, memory seats, storage compartments, cargo space, telescoping steering wheel, remote start

Make dual-climate controls electronic, gas mileage is rated at 19 MPG highway but I'm getting 15.5 MPG with mostly highway driving, add more space between driver's seat and storage compartment in driver-side door, add rear seat leg room

It's Still a Jeep!
By Samuel

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My family has been buying Jeeps for years now and has had generally pretty good luck with them. Our 2010 Grand Cherokee Laredo is no exception. Before believing the professional reviewers who claim the 3.7 liter V6 engine is underpowered, I suggest you drive one and decide for yourself. Mine has plenty of get up & go although the mileage could be better. My dealer was doubling the manufacturer's rebate, meaning I saved over $10,000 off of MSRP before they looked at my trade-in.

Boston Acoustics 256 watt sound system with 30 GB hard drive and satellite radio, iPod jack, and USB port for uploading MP3's via flash drive. Great sound!

Improve the fuel mileage. Find one Jeep owner who doesn't think this needs improvement.

• SUV