2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Still loving this SUV after almost 4 years
By vpjeep on 07/05/13 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2010 GC Laredo 3.7L base model for almost 4 years. No fancy shmancy bells or whistles; the 2WD SUV is perfect for southern/rainy climates. It sits up high, steering is tight/responsive, super Mercedes W5A580 tried- and-tested transmission, and a window liftgate to carry long items. (Very few SUVs have that window liftgate feature.) In 4 years, I have had nothing but smooth, reliable performance. TIRES. Oh what a difference good tires make- recently replaced the stock Forteras with Michelin LTX M/S and it feels like a brand new car with perfect handling. I am even happier with it now. Corners great, solid grip and confidence in major rain, and a ride smooth as glass.

I love my first Jeep!
By tolkienpwns on 10/07/12 19:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep a little over 2 years ago and i absolutely love it! I love the ride and the way it handles and the build quality is pretty good. The only things I don't like about it is the gas mileage (average about 15 combined) and the front speakers have always been a little fuzzy. The low tire pressure gauge is a little too touchy also.

First Jeep GC
By jimsjeep on 02/27/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Didn't even consider a Jeep when I was looking at new SUVs. The limited model was very smartly styled, black with chrome accents. I wanted a V8 w 4WD, with Nav, bluetooth, memory and heated seats. The 5.7 hemi is terrific, getting 15 mpg city and 17.5 hwy over first 10K miles. steering is precise, suspension is firm but sophisticated, not like a truck (or our 2000 EB Explorer). Brakes are the right balance of pedal pressure and stopping distance. I haven't found anything that the 4WD couldn't handle on snowy mtn. roads. The Navi/radio/bluetooth system with voice interaction is very smart and responsive. This car is definitely smarter than I am . This car has been flawless.

In the shop after 3 days
By mike on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my JGC used w/28,000 miles on it. A couple days later engine light comes on. Dealer replace 02 sensor and on the way home it goes on again. It's been in the shop going on day #3 and now they say computer is shot. I dont think they no whats wrong with it. I'm starting to think this was a bad purchase. At least it looks good.

Great vehicle, but lousy tires
By GreenWoodTurner on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

In general, this is a great vehicle with awesome power and better than expected H/W mileage. Jeep blew it, though with the tires. We've sliced (and destroyed) 2 tires on easy gravel roads! No one sells better 18" tires. Will have to downsize to 17" in order to get better off road tires. Chrome-clad wheels on an off road vehicle is dumb ... they chip easily. My wife freaks now when we drive on any sort of rough road. Jeep's reputation has been tarnished in my book!

Will see
By Bryan M on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the Laredo 3.7 ltr yesterday. Am a loyal Chevy man. Wife wanted to try the Jeep. Initial driving seems nice. Back seat area seems to be a little tight. Doesn't seem to be as solid as the Chevy Equinox. Nice looking vehicle. Time will tell for me though. Rated it as 5's in all categories for now. Will rate again as time goes on.

Purchased for Safety
By Steve S. on 08/11/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2010 Grand Cherokee 'E' model with 21,016 miles with a rwd 3.7 liter V6. I have never seen so many standard features that would options on other non Jeeps. The A/C is cold, the transmission shifts smoothly and when it shifts it is quick with no lag. With the a/c on in stop and go traffic I average 14 mpg. I have not had it on the highway long enough to measure the mpg but hope to do so soon. I also have a 2002 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7 liter V6. This engine is durable and dependable and sounds like a small V8. If you are looking for a fuel sipper, go somewhere else. If you want a safe vehicle you can depend on get a real Jeep.

Auto Off Lights
By Bamalady on 07/07/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my only disappointment with my first Jeep. The auto off for lights is not standard and cannot be added. I haven't had to pay attention to turning off lights for YEARS. This could have been a deal breaker if I had realized prior to purchase.

My third Grand Cherokee
By naughty0519 on 06/27/10 06:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Limited with the 5.7 Ltr hemi (not an option in the Edmunds drop down menu). After owning a '95 and '99, decided to go back to my old friend. So glad I did!

It's Still a Jeep!
By Samuel on 06/02/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My family has been buying Jeeps for years now and has had generally pretty good luck with them. Our 2010 Grand Cherokee Laredo is no exception. Before believing the professional reviewers who claim the 3.7 liter V6 engine is underpowered, I suggest you drive one and decide for yourself. Mine has plenty of get up & go although the mileage could be better. My dealer was doubling the manufacturer's rebate, meaning I saved over $10,000 off of MSRP before they looked at my trade-in.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$121 per month*