2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Still loving this SUV after almost 4 years
By vpjeep on 07/05/13 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2010 GC Laredo 3.7L base model for almost 4 years. No fancy shmancy bells or whistles; the 2WD SUV is perfect for southern/rainy climates. It sits up high, steering is tight/responsive, super Mercedes W5A580 tried- and-tested transmission, and a window liftgate to carry long items. (Very few SUVs have that window liftgate feature.) In 4 years, I have had nothing but smooth, reliable performance. TIRES. Oh what a difference good tires make- recently replaced the stock Forteras with Michelin LTX M/S and it feels like a brand new car with perfect handling. I am even happier with it now. Corners great, solid grip and confidence in major rain, and a ride smooth as glass.

In the shop after 3 days
By mike on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my JGC used w/28,000 miles on it. A couple days later engine light comes on. Dealer replace 02 sensor and on the way home it goes on again. It's been in the shop going on day #3 and now they say computer is shot. I dont think they no whats wrong with it. I'm starting to think this was a bad purchase. At least it looks good.

Will see
By Bryan M on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the Laredo 3.7 ltr yesterday. Am a loyal Chevy man. Wife wanted to try the Jeep. Initial driving seems nice. Back seat area seems to be a little tight. Doesn't seem to be as solid as the Chevy Equinox. Nice looking vehicle. Time will tell for me though. Rated it as 5's in all categories for now. Will rate again as time goes on.

Purchased for Safety
By Steve S. on 08/11/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2010 Grand Cherokee 'E' model with 21,016 miles with a rwd 3.7 liter V6. I have never seen so many standard features that would options on other non Jeeps. The A/C is cold, the transmission shifts smoothly and when it shifts it is quick with no lag. With the a/c on in stop and go traffic I average 14 mpg. I have not had it on the highway long enough to measure the mpg but hope to do so soon. I also have a 2002 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7 liter V6. This engine is durable and dependable and sounds like a small V8. If you are looking for a fuel sipper, go somewhere else. If you want a safe vehicle you can depend on get a real Jeep.

Auto Off Lights
By Bamalady on 07/07/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my only disappointment with my first Jeep. The auto off for lights is not standard and cannot be added. I haven't had to pay attention to turning off lights for YEARS. This could have been a deal breaker if I had realized prior to purchase.

Surprise, Surprise
By Mr. Wright on 03/03/10 13:03 PM (PST)

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Jeep and my 4th Grand Cherokee. I want something a little more fuel efficent so I opted for a 6cyc. Had a 2007 Limited with V8. Burned a lot of gas. 2010 Limited only comes with Hemi. Instead I opted for the X package and am surprised at the performance of the 6cycl. It has just as much pick up, one of the quietest ride of any jeep I have owned and handling is smooth and nimble. I love the MY GIG system and many of the other creature comforts that come with the X package I have only had it for about two week and so far I am not seeing a significant difference in the Gas mileage but too soon to tell.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$120 per month*