Used 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Still loving this SUV after almost 4 years
By vpjeep

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2010 GC Laredo 3.7L base model for almost 4 years. No fancy shmancy bells or whistles; the 2WD SUV is perfect for southern/rainy climates. It sits up high, steering is tight/responsive, super Mercedes W5A580 tried- and-tested transmission, and a window liftgate to carry long items. (Very few SUVs have that window liftgate feature.) In 4 years, I have had nothing but smooth, reliable performance. TIRES. Oh what a difference good tires make- recently replaced the stock Forteras with Michelin LTX M/S and it feels like a brand new car with perfect handling. I am even happier with it now. Corners great, solid grip and confidence in major rain, and a ride smooth as glass.

Favorite Features

Quality transmission Ride Height + Vehicle Balance, confident in rain Great pricing with rebate when I bought it (last year model- $10k less than the newer Jeeps) Super reliable (in my 4 years)

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

In the shop after 3 days
By mike

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my JGC used w/28,000 miles on it. A couple days later engine light comes on. Dealer replace 02 sensor and on the way home it goes on again. It's been in the shop going on day #3 and now they say computer is shot. I dont think they no whats wrong with it. I'm starting to think this was a bad purchase. At least it looks good.

Will see
By Bryan M

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the Laredo 3.7 ltr yesterday. Am a loyal Chevy man. Wife wanted to try the Jeep. Initial driving seems nice. Back seat area seems to be a little tight. Doesn't seem to be as solid as the Chevy Equinox. Nice looking vehicle. Time will tell for me though. Rated it as 5's in all categories for now. Will rate again as time goes on.

Favorite Features

styling

Suggested Improvements

more room in back seat area

Purchased for Safety
By Steve S.

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2010 Grand Cherokee 'E' model with 21,016 miles with a rwd 3.7 liter V6. I have never seen so many standard features that would options on other non Jeeps. The A/C is cold, the transmission shifts smoothly and when it shifts it is quick with no lag. With the a/c on in stop and go traffic I average 14 mpg. I have not had it on the highway long enough to measure the mpg but hope to do so soon. I also have a 2002 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7 liter V6. This engine is durable and dependable and sounds like a small V8. If you are looking for a fuel sipper, go somewhere else. If you want a safe vehicle you can depend on get a real Jeep.

Favorite Features

I like all the standard electronics like the programmable computer on gas mileage, temperature,compass digital display, the six speaker stereo & cold a/c. I also purchased a lifetime warranty. I keep cars about 14 + years and things like water pumps, alternators will wear out.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not sure if a six speed will work on this type vehicle but it sounds nice for fuel economy. Jeep does need to improve on fuel economy, everything else is great.

Auto Off Lights
By Bamalady

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my only disappointment with my first Jeep. The auto off for lights is not standard and cannot be added. I haven't had to pay attention to turning off lights for YEARS. This could have been a deal breaker if I had realized prior to purchase.

Favorite Features

loving the Media center but want to have ability to play videos while moving for passengers. And hope it is not trouble in the future

Suggested Improvements

Auto light turnoff standard.