Used 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Used not abused
By Jay Asheville

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This site does not offer by default to add the 5.7 Hemi engine or any V.8s. I have had 5 Jeep Grand Cherokees all V8s. The latest a 2010 4x4 5.7 Hemi Limited S, which is great & the power is just so much more than the 4.7 models. I believe that this WK model (2005-2010) with the 5.7 Hemi is by far the best power to weight ratio in all the grand Cherokees to date including the newer ones (2011-2016). The 2009-20010 got a boost in HP & economy with no weight increase. I also have a 2009 4x2 5.7L Hemi & that one is truly on steroids. To get to the reason I'm writing this is easy. You take care of your G.C. and it will not fail you. I bought all of mine used and had put some money into them at first, asume you will be putting in at least a few hundred $ from the start to get it just right. I have always changed all fluids to synthetic the moment I have bought them. Never had much problems unless not garaged in cold weather and if i tow heavy loads then some problems have come up. With synthetic proper fluids and oils you should not experience problems if not abused. These Wks are not large SUVs & have very good ergonomics. They feel fairly tight and performance orientated for the price. The ride is soft like most same priced competitors. The seating is just what I was looking for & not having hardly any people in the rear seat. The towing is very good on the Limited S model(stiffer front) but on the Limited (2009) I will stiffen the front with the 2010 Limited "S" shock & springs. The rear will install in BOTH (2009-20010) the heavier duty 1" sway bar(easy to do) & trash the tiny ones they have now, otherwise your tow will let you know it's back there for sure!! Good outside finish and shape helps feeling good in them. Other good things are the sound system & GPS. A real plus to be able to fit them both with ease in my double car garage. They are very practical parking in downtown too, the rear camera helps on the GPS models. I'm sold on the 5.7 Hemi because I tow and like the incredible power of these two beasts. I will say any driver can drive these since they are not a HP bouncing machines. I used to hit the pedal to the metal often when I first got them but now I know the power is there when I need it. They do get thirsty if you pedal to the metal. Abused ones ... stay away from those specially the 4x4's. Find one that has been cared for have it checked out and all should be great. No matter the miles on the big V8s. People get bored of same vehicle and not necessary sell them because they are bad. These Grand Cherokees with the V8 Hemi are a great vehicles for the one young at heart or simply want to show off and don't mind spending an extra $ on gas per fill up of 89 octane. :-)

Still loving this SUV after almost 4 years
By vpjeep

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2010 GC Laredo 3.7L base model for almost 4 years. No fancy shmancy bells or whistles; the 2WD SUV is perfect for southern/rainy climates. It sits up high, steering is tight/responsive, super Mercedes W5A580 tried- and-tested transmission, and a window liftgate to carry long items. (Very few SUVs have that window liftgate feature.) In 4 years, I have had nothing but smooth, reliable performance. TIRES. Oh what a difference good tires make- recently replaced the stock Forteras with Michelin LTX M/S and it feels like a brand new car with
perfect handling. I am even happier with it now. Corners great, solid grip and confidence in major rain, and a ride smooth as glass.

Quality transmission Ride Height + Vehicle Balance, confident in rain Great pricing with rebate when I bought it (last year model- $10k less than the newer Jeeps) Super reliable (in my 4 years)

Gas mileage

In the shop after 3 days
By mike

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my JGC used w/28,000 miles on it. A couple days later engine light comes on. Dealer replace 02 sensor and on the way home it goes on again. It's been in the shop going on day #3 and now they say computer is shot. I dont think they no whats wrong with it. I'm starting to think this was a bad purchase. At least it looks good.

Will see
By Bryan M

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the Laredo 3.7 ltr yesterday. Am a loyal Chevy man. Wife wanted to try the Jeep. Initial driving seems nice. Back seat area seems to be a little tight. Doesn't seem to be as solid as the Chevy Equinox. Nice looking vehicle. Time will tell for me though. Rated it as 5's in all categories for now. Will rate again as time goes on.

styling

more room in back seat area

Purchased for Safety
By Steve S.

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2010 Grand Cherokee 'E' model with 21,016 miles with a rwd 3.7 liter V6. I have never seen so many standard features that would options on other non Jeeps. The A/C is cold, the transmission shifts smoothly and when it shifts it is quick with no lag. With the a/c on in stop and go traffic I average 14 mpg. I have not had it on the highway long enough to measure the mpg but hope to do so soon. I also have a 2002 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7 liter V6. This engine is durable and dependable and sounds like a small V8. If you are looking for a fuel sipper, go somewhere else. If you want a safe vehicle you can depend on get a real Jeep.

I like all the standard electronics like the programmable computer on gas mileage, temperature,compass digital display, the six speaker stereo & cold a/c. I also purchased a lifetime warranty. I keep cars about 14 + years and things like water pumps, alternators will wear out.

I'm not sure if a six speed will work on this type vehicle but it sounds nice for fuel economy. Jeep does need to improve on fuel economy, everything else is great.