Used 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Used not abused
By Jay Asheville

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This site does not offer by default to add the 5.7 Hemi engine or any V.8s. I have had 5 Jeep Grand Cherokees all V8s. The latest a 2010 4x4 5.7 Hemi Limited S, which is great & the power is just so much more than the 4.7 models. I believe that this WK model (2005-2010) with the 5.7 Hemi is by far the best power to weight ratio in all the grand Cherokees to date including the newer ones (2011-2016). The 2009-20010 got a boost in HP & economy with no weight increase. I also have a 2009 4x2 5.7L Hemi & that one is truly on steroids. To get to the reason I'm writing this is easy. You take care of your G.C. and it will not fail you. I bought all of mine used and had put some money into them at first, asume you will be putting in at least a few hundred $ from the start to get it just right. I have always changed all fluids to synthetic the moment I have bought them. Never had much problems unless not garaged in cold weather and if i tow heavy loads then some problems have come up. With synthetic proper fluids and oils you should not experience problems if not abused. These Wks are not large SUVs & have very good ergonomics. They feel fairly tight and performance orientated for the price. The ride is soft like most same priced competitors. The seating is just what I was looking for & not having hardly any people in the rear seat. The towing is very good on the Limited S model(stiffer front) but on the Limited (2009) I will stiffen the front with the 2010 Limited "S" shock & springs. The rear will install in BOTH (2009-20010) the heavier duty 1" sway bar(easy to do) & trash the tiny ones they have now, otherwise your tow will let you know it's back there for sure!! Good outside finish and shape helps feeling good in them. Other good things are the sound system & GPS. A real plus to be able to fit them both with ease in my double car garage. They are very practical parking in downtown too, the rear camera helps on the GPS models. I'm sold on the 5.7 Hemi because I tow and like the incredible power of these two beasts. I will say any driver can drive these since they are not a HP bouncing machines. I used to hit the pedal to the metal often when I first got them but now I know the power is there when I need it. They do get thirsty if you pedal to the metal. Abused ones ... stay away from those specially the 4x4's. Find one that has been cared for have it checked out and all should be great. No matter the miles on the big V8s. People get bored of same vehicle and not necessary sell them because they are bad. These Grand Cherokees with the V8 Hemi are a great vehicles for the one young at heart or simply want to show off and don't mind spending an extra $ on gas per fill up of 89 octane. :-)

Still loving this SUV after almost 4 years
By vpjeep

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2010 GC Laredo 3.7L base model for almost 4 years. No fancy shmancy bells or whistles; the 2WD SUV is perfect for southern/rainy climates. It sits up high, steering is tight/responsive, super Mercedes W5A580 tried- and-tested transmission, and a window liftgate to carry long items. (Very few SUVs have that window liftgate feature.) In 4 years, I have had nothing but smooth, reliable performance. TIRES. Oh what a difference good tires make- recently replaced the stock Forteras with Michelin LTX M/S and it feels like a brand new car with
perfect handling. I am even happier with it now. Corners great, solid grip and confidence in major rain, and a ride smooth as glass.

Quality transmission Ride Height + Vehicle Balance, confident in rain Great pricing with rebate when I bought it (last year model- $10k less than the newer Jeeps) Super reliable (in my 4 years)

Gas mileage

I love my first Jeep!
By tolkienpwns

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep a little over 2 years ago and i absolutely love it! I love the ride and the way it handles and the build quality is pretty good. The only things I don't like about it is the gas mileage (average about 15 combined) and the front speakers have always been a little fuzzy. The low tire pressure gauge is a little too touchy also.

First Jeep GC
By jimsjeep

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Didn't even consider a Jeep when I was looking at new SUVs.
The limited model was very smartly styled, black with chrome accents.
I wanted a V8 w 4WD, with Nav, bluetooth, memory and heated seats.
The 5.7 hemi is terrific, getting 15 mpg city and 17.5 hwy over first 10K miles.
steering is precise, suspension is firm but sophisticated, not like a truck (or our 2000 EB Explorer).
Brakes are the right balance of pedal pressure and stopping distance.
I haven't found anything that the 4WD couldn't handle on snowy mtn. roads.
The Navi/radio/bluetooth system with voice interaction is very smart and responsive.
This car is definitely smarter than I am .
This car has been flawless.

I am a guy, I love the Hemi power. The black Limited version with chrome accents is beautiful. The steering is on the money and load carrying is perfect for us. My wife loves the memory and heated seats. I love the way the power seat slides back when the ignition is turned off. I am tall and my wife is short, this Jeep adjusts for both of us. The 4WD is awesome in snow and mtn. inclines. The auto high beams and smart windshield wipers are awesome. Having all my cds in the radio HD or via ipad is dynamite. The tire pressure sensors readout is very comforting, no more guessing. This is one smart American SUV!

I would like the NAV GPS system to display the posted speed limit on highways like Garmin does. I would like to change waypoints while driving. I want more HDD capacity for higher resolution pictures, like maybe 50 pix. Having higher mpg would also be appreciated, say 22 mpg highway...but I know it's a V8...

In the shop after 3 days
By mike

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my JGC used w/28,000 miles on it. A couple days later engine light comes on. Dealer replace 02 sensor and on the way home it goes on again. It's been in the shop going on day #3 and now they say computer is shot. I dont think they no whats wrong with it. I'm starting to think this was a bad purchase. At least it looks good.