Used 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Still loving this SUV after almost 4 years
By vpjeep

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2010 GC Laredo 3.7L base model for almost 4 years. No fancy shmancy bells or whistles; the 2WD SUV is perfect for southern/rainy climates. It sits up high, steering is tight/responsive, super Mercedes W5A580 tried- and-tested transmission, and a window liftgate to carry long items. (Very few SUVs have that window liftgate feature.) In 4 years, I have had nothing but smooth, reliable performance. TIRES. Oh what a difference good tires make- recently replaced the stock Forteras with Michelin LTX M/S and it feels like a brand new car with perfect handling. I am even happier with it now. Corners great, solid grip and confidence in major rain, and a ride smooth as glass.

Quality transmission Ride Height + Vehicle Balance, confident in rain Great pricing with rebate when I bought it (last year model- $10k less than the newer Jeeps) Super reliable (in my 4 years)

Gas mileage

I love my first Jeep!
By tolkienpwns

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep a little over 2 years ago and i absolutely love it! I love the ride and the way it handles and the build quality is pretty good. The only things I don't like about it is the gas mileage (average about 15 combined) and the front speakers have always been a little fuzzy. The low tire pressure gauge is a little too touchy also.

First Jeep GC
By jimsjeep

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Didn't even consider a Jeep when I was looking at new SUVs. The limited model was very smartly styled, black with chrome accents. I wanted a V8 w 4WD, with Nav, bluetooth, memory and heated seats. The 5.7 hemi is terrific, getting 15 mpg city and 17.5 hwy over first 10K miles. steering is precise, suspension is firm but sophisticated, not like a truck (or our 2000 EB Explorer). Brakes are the right balance of pedal pressure and stopping distance. I haven't found anything that the 4WD couldn't handle on snowy mtn. roads. The Navi/radio/bluetooth system with voice interaction is very smart and responsive. This car is definitely smarter than I am . This car has been flawless.

I am a guy, I love the Hemi power. The black Limited version with chrome accents is beautiful. The steering is on the money and load carrying is perfect for us. My wife loves the memory and heated seats. I love the way the power seat slides back when the ignition is turned off. I am tall and my wife is short, this Jeep adjusts for both of us. The 4WD is awesome in snow and mtn. inclines. The auto high beams and smart windshield wipers are awesome. Having all my cds in the radio HD or via ipad is dynamite. The tire pressure sensors readout is very comforting, no more guessing. This is one smart American SUV!

I would like the NAV GPS system to display the posted speed limit on highways like Garmin does. I would like to change waypoints while driving. I want more HDD capacity for higher resolution pictures, like maybe 50 pix. Having higher mpg would also be appreciated, say 22 mpg highway...but I know it's a V8...

In the shop after 3 days
By mike

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my JGC used w/28,000 miles on it. A couple days later engine light comes on. Dealer replace 02 sensor and on the way home it goes on again. It's been in the shop going on day #3 and now they say computer is shot. I dont think they no whats wrong with it. I'm starting to think this was a bad purchase. At least it looks good.

Great vehicle, but lousy tires
By GreenWoodTurner

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

In general, this is a great vehicle with awesome power and better than expected H/W mileage. Jeep blew it, though with the tires. We've sliced (and destroyed) 2 tires on easy gravel roads! No one sells better 18" tires. Will have to downsize to 17" in order to get better off road tires. Chrome-clad wheels on an off road vehicle is dumb ... they chip easily. My wife freaks now when we drive on any sort of rough road. Jeep's reputation has been tarnished in my book!

Backup camera, hemi engine, seats, satellite radio

Don't advertise a Jeep as being an off road vehicle, and then build it so it is not! This model is really just a glamorized road vehicle. Middle seat in back is almost unusable, because the fold down arm rest has no padding.