2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Solid SUV with Good Gas Mileage
By theov on 11/22/13 11:27 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2009 GC at the end of 2009 and was able to get this 4x4 SUV at $24,750 before state taxes. The vehicle is an excellent blend of on-road and off-road prowess. On the road, the Jeep has excellent handling getting 17-18 mpg around town and 21-22 mpg on the highway. This is better than the original advertised ratings and this still holds true after 115,000 miles on the vehicle. As good as this vehicle is on the road, it really excels in the snow. I feel very confident when bad weather provides a challenge to safe driving. The Grand Cherokee handles with confidence and good feedback to allow safe driving decisions. A great, reliable used vehicle if you can get one.

disappointed on my2009 jeep
By oliva1 on 08/19/11 10:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2009 Gand Cher. Laredo and have problems with it starting at about 6,000 miles. When I acclerate going into the highway it does nothing and than all of sudden it shoots out. It does not happen all the time, but it is dangerous when you have only a certain amount of time to acclerate before a car comes up on you behind. I have complained to the dealership for over a year and half and all they have told me is they cann't find anything wrong (the computer does not regester it). I have almost had 3 accidents because of this and yesterday I had to go the side of the road in order for a truck not to plow into my rear end as we were getting on the interstate. It is at the dealer

Disappointed
By debbie061 on 06/14/11 17:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee in 2009 with 4 miles on it. Everything was going fine the first year, now that I'm into my second year with 30,000 miles on it, my Jeep has been in the shop every month. First it was an ERG valve then an ABS sensor, the following month my drain tubes from the moon roof were clogged and one day driving down the road I put on the brakes and water poured out of my overhead lights. But wait I just got back from the dealer having my blower motor replaced. Thank goodness all were covered under factory warranty,but 2000 miles left and it's my problem and the dealer wants me to trade it in for a 2011 Compass. I think I'm done with Jeeps,maybe I'll try a Honda CRV

5th Jeep GC
By Roger on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive best describes the 2009 Jeep GC. The X-package give the Jeep owner all the best and desired options. 2009 was the last year of the 4.7 engine which is an awesome performer. The ride is incredibly smooth, and the interior is roomy and functional.

Made for fun
By Mukund on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Engine: Excellent Interior: Comfortable Features: All available, what required for off roading and day to day use. Jeep is giving much more for what money they ask, compare to other brands.

Wishes for 2011!
By Rick on 04/29/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Grand Cherokee is the grandest vehicle, my all time favorite, fourth I had!

Just purchased my 2009 Jeep GC Larado
By NyerinNC on 12/12/09 12:39 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great end of the year incentives, plus owner loyalty rebate, 1% less invoice price due to my company...over $9,000+ off the sticker price! Traded in my '04 Subaru Outback and got a decent price for it. Also got the Lifetime drivetrain warranty that comes with the '09s. Like the way it looks, decent pick up for a SUV, interior nice but a little heavy of a plastic, large interior.

lvb
By raleigh on 10/28/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love my GC! Be sure to check out all the incentives. Very affordable! Traded 1995 Tahoe in July for clunker rebate.

northland driver
By mark s on 08/22/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am reasonably satisfied with my new jeep. I live on a gravel road that does not always get cleared in the winter and wanted a replacement for my Tahoe (awesome in the snow) yet not so big.

3rd one
By Manny on 08/14/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd GC. I've owned a 05/07 and now an 09. Why do I keep buying them? I love the look, comfort and drivability. I truly can afford any SUV I want, but I'm frugal. When you take the discounts into account this is one of the most affordable SUVs on the market today. I literally purchased the 4 WD Laredo with the W option package for under $25K (sticker was over $36K). Couple the price with the outstanding service department which is only 2 miles from my house and you have a pretty good combination. Many folks are put off by the high sticker price and may not even consider the GC. The base model competes well with the smaller cars and is a much nicer SUV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*